What is a good size for a drone?
It’s easy to think that as technology gets better it gets smaller. That’s the case with a lot of tech, but with drones there’s a bit more to consider. As a rule, the bigger the drone, the better the tech, the further the flight, and the better the stability. And bear in mind most modern drones come with a camera and gimbal built-in, so they no longer need to hold a separate DSLR, mirrorless, or action camera for aerial photography! So consider a few things when thinking about size:
- Use. What do you need it for? If it’s for fun, then a small drone may be the best option. If you’re a professional, bigger can be better.
- Budget. Smaller drones can be cheaper.
- Speed. Bigger drones may be faster.
- Battery life. Bigger battery means longer flight times.
- Distance. If you intend to fly longer distances, a bigger drone may be the right call.
- Portability. Smaller drones can be lighter and can fit into a backpack, making transport easy.
- Features. Bigger drones often have more features.
What are the benefits of using drones?
As any good buying guide will tell you, there’s a heap of features to look out for with the latest drones on the market, including:
- Tech. Multiple sensors, foldable, intuitive control, and big flight battery for extended flight times.
- Safety. Obstacle avoidance and stabilization features let you focus on the shot.
- Connectivity. Compatibility assured, stream or record, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and post production simplicity.
- Quality camera. Film in HDR or up to 8K, reduce motion blur, shoot in good or poor light, with a wide field of view and zoom options.
Check out these features and more in-store and online at JB.
What are the different types of drones?
JB has a big drone collection, which means there are plenty of drones for beginners or drones for professionals. Discover camera drones for those who want to take their device to the local footy oval on the weekend, or those who need the perfect shot for their latest piece of work. Our range includes:
What drone accessories can I buy?
One key to making the most of your quadcopter, whether you’re a professional or a recreation user, is making sure you have the right drone accessories. They can help you do more, and will always come in handy. At JB you’ll find accessories such as:
- Replacement batteries
- Body parts
And the best accessory you can have when you’re flying a drone is an Australian drone fly app. It’s important to know the rules and regulations where you are before you fly.
What are the latest and best drones on the market?
The three latest drones on the market all use quality tech to bring amazing results:
- DJI Avata Pro-View Combo. This DJI FPV drone has a super wide field of view, amazing handling indoors, smooth action cameras, OLED googles, and a brilliant responsive remote control.
- Zero-X Pulsar. This foldable drone has Follow-Me tech, auto gimbal control, and brushless motors.
- DJI Mini 3 Pro Drone with DJI RC controller. Small size, big power, HDR action camera, and quality footage.
What brand drone should I buy?
JB is the home of big brands in Australia. Big brands mean a heap of features, reliability, durability, and a warranty you’ll love. Our big-brand drones include:
- DJI. Our DJI drones include the DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo, DJI Mavic 3 5.1 K Drone Cine Premium, DJI Air 2S, DJI Mavic Air 2 Combo, the Mavic Mini range such as the DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mini 2, Mini SE, and more.
- Zero-X. Top deals on the Pro Pulsar, Vega, and Sirius.
- You’ll love the foldable Autel Evo II Pro with 8K video.
Don’t forget big brand accessories such as PGY Tech, Parrot, Ryze and Tello drone gear.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.