What is Google Pixel?
JB is the home of big brands, and they don’t come much bigger than Google. Choosing big brands means you get great value, the latest technology, and reliability, especially with a new phone. The Google Pixel is Google’s high-tech smartphone. And like everything Google does, you’d expect Google’s flagship phone to be one of the benchmarks in mobile phones. And the latest Google Pixel phones are just that. The Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro are premium smartphones that showcase the tech, value, and quality you expect from Google.
What are the latest Google Pixel phone specs?
The latest Google Pixel 6 phones aren’t just an update on the Google Pixel 5. The Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro phones have been completely reimagined and include a heap of new features such as:
- Big screen. The new Pixel has a 6.4-inch screen, with the Google Pixel 6 Pro 6.7-inch OLED FHD or curved AMOLED screen.
- Powerful Tensor processor chipset. The new Google Tensor chip is a significant step up and gives the Google Pixel 6 series big power and a fast refresh rate.
- Stunning new camera. 50MP rear camera (main camera), front camera, ultra wide angle, and 4x telephoto lens optical zoom. 82 degree field of view. Perfect for selfies and brilliant in low light.
- New design. Black camera bar and two-tone colour designs such as Stormy Black, Kinda Coral, and Sorta Seafoam look magnificent. Built tough, including with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
- Big battery life. All-day action. Especially with the Google Pixel P6 Pro. Typical 4614 mAh.
- 5G network capable. As with the Pixel 5a, the Pixel 6 has fast downloads and better latency. And W-Fi 6E (GHz).
- Wireless charging. And USB-C fast charging.
- Fingerprint Sensor. Possibly the first Google phone with an in-screen fingerprint sensor.
- Dual SIM. Single nano-SIM and eSIM
- Quality software. Such as Live Translate, Magic Eraser, Titan M2, and Real Tone to portray all skin tones.
- Latest audio. Lister to your podcasts with quality stereo sound.
- Security. The Pixel has a strong history over the years of security leadership.
Is Google Pixel an Android phone?
There are two kinds of smartphones Apple and Android. The Google Pixel is an Android phone, and features the new Android 12 platform. As well as being designed for perfect connectivity with the Google Play store apps and all the quality Google software, the Google Pixel 6 series goes hand-in hand with the Google Assistant and everything Google Home offers.
And every Smart Home product that works with Google Assistant.
Are Google Pixel phones waterproof?
The Google Pixel 5 had the highest dust and water-resistant rating available, so it makes sense that the new Google Pixel is too. The Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro are both rated IP68. The ‘IP’ in IP68 stands for Ingress Protection, or the rating that protects things from getting in. The 6 in IP68 refers to small particle protection, such as dust. 6 is the highest rating. The 8 refers to water resistance. 8 is the highest available. That means the new Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro is resistant under about one metre of water for 30 minutes. So, toilets and puddles shouldn’t be a problem. And if you want extra peace of mind, check out our big range of:
Which Google Pixel phone should I buy in Australia?
The Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro are worth putting to the top of your must-have list. And a key difference between the new Google Pixel and the previous Google phones is the new Tensor SoC chip. The Google 6 series has the smartest and most powerful chip on the market. That allows for a whole heap of new features including:
- Extra AI features that will blow you away
- Machine learning
- Improving photos and videos as you shoot them
- Upgraded speech-to-text
- Huge power and quality Bluetooth
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.