Not yet reviewed.
One Little Indian and Breakaway Recordings release an album of remixed tracks from Bjork's critically-lauded Biophilia. The album includes some of the remixes released in an eight-part series earlier this year, remastered for this album by Grammy-nominee Mandy Parnell, and features collaborations with Current Value, Death Grips, Hudson Mohawke, Alva Ndanceoto, Matthew Herbert, Omar Souleyman, 16-bit, These New Puritans, and The Slips. Bjork also worked with her sound engineer Curver Thoroddsen to isolate a specific chapter of Matthew Herbert's "Sacrifice" remix on the Pins and Needles Mix found on the album. The original Biophilia album was released in 2011 to critical acclaim. Bjork has said on the project, "I felt it important to gather together the essence of the remixes, so I picked a quarter of them for one album for people who are perhaps not too sassy downloaders, or don't have the time or energy to partake in the hunter-gathering rituals of the internet. I was incredibly impressed by how the core of the mixes took Biophilia somewhere else while still keeping its character, and like they so often do when at their best: the remixes gave the songs more beats; legs to dance on! I spent some time editing together not necessarily the best ones but the ones that made the strongest whole."
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Dance|
- 1. Crystalline (Omar Souleyman Remix)
- 2. Virus (Hudson Mohawke "Peaches and Guacamol" Rework)
- 3. Sacrifice (Death Grips Remix)
- 4. Sacrifice ((Matthew Herbert's Pins And Needles Mix) edit)
- 5. Mutual Core (These New Puritans Remix featuring Soloman Is. Song)
- 6. Hollow (16-bit Remix)
- 7. Mutual Core (Matthew Herbert's "Teutonic Plates" Mix)
- 8. Thunderbolt (Death Grips Remix)
- 9. Dark Matter (Alva Noto Remodel)
- 10. Thunderbolt (Omar Souleyman Remix)
- 11. Solstice (Current Value Remix)
- 12. Moon (The Slips Remix)
- 13. Crystalline (Matthew Herbert Remix)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.