At Folsom Prison (Gold Series)
Not yet reviewed.
Folsom Prison looms large in Johnny Cash's legacy, providing the setting for perhaps his definitive song and the location for his definitive album, 'At Folsom Prison.'
The ideal blend of mythmaking and gritty reality, 'At Folsom Prison' is the moment when Cash turned into the towering Man in Black, a haunted troubadour singing songs of crime, conflicted conscience, and jail. Tailoring his set list to his audience of prisoners, filling up the set with tales of murder and imprisonment - a bid for common ground with the convicts.
Never before had his music seemed so vigorous as it does here, nor had he tied together his humour, gravity, and spirituality in one record. In every sense, it was a breakthrough, but more than that, At Folsom Prison is the quintessential Johnny Cash album, the place where his legend burns bright and eternal.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Country|
- 1. Opening Announcements From Hugh Cherry
- 2. Blue Suede Shoes
- 3. This Ole House
- 4. Announcements And Johnny Cash Intro From Hugh Cherry
- 5. Folsom Prison Blues
- 6. Busted
- 7. Dark As A Dungeon
- 8. I Still Miss Someone
- 9. Cocaine Blues
- 10. 25 Minutes To Go
- 11. I'm Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail
- 12. Orange Blossom Special
- 13. The Long Black Veil
- 14. Send A Picture Of Mother
- 15. The Wall
- 16. Dirty Old Egg-Suckin' Dog
- 17. Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart
- 18. Joe Bean
- 19. Jackson
- 20. I Got A Woman (With June Carter Cash)
- 21. The Legend Of John Henry's Hammer
- 22. June's Poem
- 23. Green, Green Grass Of Home
- 24. Greystone Chapel
- 25. Closing Theme And Announcements