Johnny Cash: The Ultimate Collection
Not yet reviewed.
It's a great and perhaps impossible challenge to encapsulate the highlights of Johnny Cash's vast musical catalogue in a 20-song collection like this. Yet, what is achieved is a snapshot of his hits during the Man in Black's most memorable work for the Sun, Columbia, and Mercury labels.
Above all else, these 20 selections are wonderful reminders of Cash's rustic eclecticism. Cuts range from '50s Sun rockabilly classics like "Hey Porter" and "I Walk the Line," to '60s country-folk gems like "Ballad of A Teenage Queen" and Cash's memorable live recording of "A Boy Named Sue."
Featuring duets with his singer-songwriter wife June Carter Cash on "Jackson" & "If I Were A Carpenter," this Australian/New Zealand exclusive celebrates one of world's greatest musical icons.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Country|
- 1. I Walk The Line
- 2. Hey Porter
- 3. Cry! Cry! Cry!
- 4. Folsom Prison Blues
- 5. Get Rhythm
- 6. The Ways Of A Woman In Love
- 7. Ballad Of A Teenage Queen
- 8. Big River
- 9. Guess Things Happen That Way
- 10. Don't Take Your Guns To Town
- 11. Five Feet High And Rising
- 12. Tennessee Flat-Top Box
- 13. Ring Of Fire
- 14. Orange Blossom Special
- 15. The One On The Right Is On The Left
- 16. Jackson
- 17. Daddy Sang Bass
- 18. If I Were a Carpenter
- 19. A Boy Named Sue
- 20. Sunday Morning Coming Down
Please try again.