Golden Age, The
Not yet reviewed.
One of the world's most celebrated young violinist – an Australian – signs to Decca!
"The Golden Age," Ray Chen's first album for Decca showcases works from the "golden age" of the violin, with arrangements / transcriptions by Kreisler and Heifetz around a centerpiece of the magnificent Bruch concerto.
The brand new album from the charismatic violinist includes 3 tracks with Ray's string quartet "Made In Berlin" – an exciting chamber music string collective made up exclusively of members of the Berlin Philharmonic.
It includes a stunning set of variations on Waltzing Matilda
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Classical|
- 1. Satie: Satiesfaction (Arr. Koncz) (With Ray's quartet 'Made in Berlin')
- 2. Kreisler: Syncopation
- 3. Ponce: Estrellita (Arr. Heifetz)
- 4. Bruch Violin Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 26 - i) Vorspiel: Allegro moderato
- 5. Bruch Violin Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 26 - ii) Adagio
- 6. Bruch Violin Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 26 - iii) Finale: Allegro energico
- 7. Debussy: Clair de lune (Arr. Koncz) [Suite bergamasque, L. 75 (With Ray's quartet 'Made in Berlin')
- 8. Kreisler: Schön Rosmarin
- 9. Gershwin: Summertime / A Woman Is a Sometime thing (Arr. Heifetz) [Porgy and Bess]
- 10. Lotus Land (Arr. Kreisler)
- 11. Macpherson: Waltzing Matilda (Arr. Koncz) (With Ray's quartet Made in Berlin')
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.