Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013
Not yet reviewed.
Held every three years since 2004, the Crossroads Guitar Festival has quickly become the ultimate guitar-concert event, where the world's greatest players perform together to raise funds for the Crossroads Centre in Antigua. Clapton founded this treatment and education facility in 1998 to help people suffering from chemical dependency.
This year's shows featured performances by Clapton, the Allman Brothers Band, Blake Mills, Buddy Guy, Derek Trucks, Doyle Bramhall II, Gary Clark Jr., Jeff Beck, John Mayer, Keith Richards, Keith Urban, Los Lobos, Robert Cray, Sonny Landreth, Steve Cropper, Vince Gill, Warren Haynes and more.
In addition to rousing performances of blues classics and renowned hit songs, many of the most memorable performances saw artists coming together for some stirring collaborations. Among the highlights were the surprise pairing of John Mayer and Keith Urban for the Beatles' Don't Let Me Down, Vince Gill and Clapton taking on Lay Down Sally, Keb Mo and Taj Mahal covering the Sleepy John Estes' song, Diving Duck Blues, Gill performing Tumbling Dice with Urban and Albert Lee and members of the Allman Brothers – Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks – joined forces for a haunting acoustic cover of Neil Young's The Needle and the Damage Done.
As you would expect, Clapton features prominently throughout the show, including with his own band for Tears In Heaven. The legendary guitarist also tore through the Derek and the Dominos' classic Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad with the Allman Brothers Band, revisiting the time in 2009 when he joined the band during their annual residency at the Beacon Theater in New York.
For the first time ever, audio highlights from the festival will also be released on CD!
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Blues & Roots|
- 1. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton
- 2. Spider Jiving - Eric Clapton with Andy Fairweather Low
- 3. Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton with Vince Gill
- 4. Time Is Tight - Booker T. with Steve Cropper
- 5. Born Under A Bad Sign - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb' Mo', Blake Mills, Matt Guitar Murphy & Albert Lee
- 6. Green Onions - Booker T. with Steve Cropper, Keb' Mo', Blake Mills, Matt Guitar Murphy & Albert Lee
- 7. Great Big Old House - The Robert Cray Band
- 8. Everyday I Have The Blues - The Robert Cray Band with B.B. King, Eric Clapton & Jimmie Vaughan
- 9. Next Of Kindred Spirit - Sonny Landreth
- 10. Cry - Doyle Bramhall II with Alice Smith
- 11. Bullet And A Target - Doyle Bramhall II with Citizen Cope
- 12. She's Alright - Doyle Bramhall II with Gary Clark Jr.
- 13. This Time - Earl Klugh
- 14. Mirabella - Earl Klugh
- 15. Heavenly Bodies - Kurt Rosenwinkel
- 16. Big Road Blues - Kurt Rosenwinkel with Eric Clapton
- 17. Next Door Neighbor Blues - Gary Clark Jr.
- 18. Queen Of California - John Mayer
- 19. Don't Let Me Down - John Mayer with Keith Urban
- 20. Damn Right, I've Got The Blues - Buddy Guy with Robert Randolph & Quinn Sullivan
- 21. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad - The Allman Brothers Band with Eric Clapton
- 22. Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band
- 1. Congo Square - Sonny Landreth with Derek Trucks
- 2. Change It - John Mayer with Doyle Bramhall II
- 3. Ooh-Ooh-Ooh - Jimmie Vaughan
- 4. Save The Last Dance For Me - Blake Mills with Derek Trucks
- 5. Don't Worry Baby - Los Lobos
- 6. I Got To Let You Know - Los Lobos with Robert Cray
- 7. The Needle And The Damage Done - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
- 8. Midnight Rider - Allman, Haynes, Trucks
- 9. I Ain't Living Long Like This- Vince Gill with Albert Lee
- 10. Tumbling Dice - Vince Gill with Keith Urban & Albert Lee
- 11. Walkin' Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb' Mo'
- 12. Diving Duck Blues - Taj Mahal with Keb' Mo'
- 13. When My Train Pulls In - Gary Clark Jr.
- 14. Please Come Home - Gary Clark Jr.
- 15. Going Down - Jeff Beck with Beth Hart
- 16. Mn Na H ireann - Jeff Beck
- 17. Key To The Highway - Eric Clapton with Keith Richards
- 18. I Shall Be Released - Eric Clapton with Robbie Robertson
- 19. Gin House Blues - Andy Fairweather Low with Eric Clapton
- 20. Got To Get Better In A Little While - Eric Clapton
- 21. Crossroads - Eric Clapton
- 22. Sunshine Of Your Love - Eric Clapton
- 23. High Time We Went - Ensemble
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.