GOATLORD (2019 Reissue)
Not yet reviewed.
THE ORIGINALLY INTENDED SECOND ALBUM OF TECHNICAL DEATH/DOOM METAL FROM THE NORWEGIAN LEGENDS INCLUDING NEW ARTWORK
Darkthrone began life in the late 80s, experimenting with thrash, death & doom metal before eventually delving into the black metal genre & becoming synonymous with the style as one of the most highly regarded acts. ‘Goatlord’ is the title of what was to originally be Darkthrone’s second album.
The style followed very much in the vein of the debut, Soulside Journey, with a mid-paced melodic, yet technical death metal style. After the recording of the tracks in their completed demo form in 1991, however, Darkthrone’s focus shifted towards black metal and a more primitive style of composition & so the album was shelved, while work commenced on what was to be the Norwegian black metal milestone, ‘A Blaze in the Northern Sky’, which actually incorporated some parts from the ‘Goatlord’ tracks. This edition of ‘Goatlord’ contains new artwork, plus a bonus track in the form of the original demo version of 'A Blaze in the Northern Sky'.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Metal|
- 1. Rex (04:10)
- 2. Pure Demoniac Blessing (02:49)
- 3. (The) Grimness Of Which Shepherds Mourn (04:40)
- 4. Sadomasochistic Rites (04:20)
- 5. As Desertshadows (05:03)
- 6. In His Lovely Kingdom (03:25)
- 7. Black Daimon (03:50)
- 8. Toward(S) The Thornfields (03:54)
- 9. (Birth Of Evil) Virgin Sin (03:38)
- 10. Green Cave Float (04:08)
- 11. A Blaze In The Northern Sky (Instrumental) (04:55)