Outlaws Til The End
Not yet reviewed.
The globally-renowned California Groove Machine have been a constant and effective force in the heavy metal world for the best part of two decades now.
Thanks to widely lauded albums like 2005's epoch-shredding The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand, 2011's ante-raising, ultra-brutal Beast and 2016's acclaimed career peak Trust No One, the band led by vocalist Dez Fafara (ex-Coal Chamber) are firmly established as one of the most consistent and best loved bands in modern metal. But in 2018, expectations are about to be torched in the mother of all campfires!
A monstrous collection of savage and slamming metal interpretations of Dez and his comrades' favourite outlaw country songs, Outlaws 'Til The End is both a startling curveball and a ferocious statement of individuality from a band with cojones to spare.
"The blues and outlaw country are what made rock'n'roll. They were around before rock'n'roll...and in my head, I've always heard these songs heavy", explains Dez. From the opening seconds of DevilDriver's face-flaying version of Hank III's 'Country Heroes' (featuring the man himself on guest vocals) onwards, Outlaws 'Til The End is simply one of the most vicious records the band have made yet. More importantly, these evocative, irresistible songs have all been wholly rebuilt from the ground up, powered by the classic DeviDriver sound and embellished with Dez's unmistakable feral roar. Completing this unprecedented project is a host of metal and country luminaries providing unforgettable cameos: Wednesday 13, Brock Lindow (36 Crazyfists) Burton C. Bell (Fear Factory), Lee Ving (Fear), Randy Blythe and Mark Morton (Lamb Of God) and none other than John Cash Jr, son of Johnny Cash.
The perfect marriage of badass country grit and neck-wrecking groove metal supremacy, it's a pistol-packing game-changer delivered by true heavy metal outlaws.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Metal|
- 1. Country Heroes - Hank3 & Dez Fafara
- 2. Whiskey River - Randy Blythe, Mark Morton Of Lamb Of God & Dez Fafara
- 3. Outlaw Man - Dez Fafara & Neal Tiemann Of Devildriver
- 4. Ghost Riders In The Sky - John Carter Cash, Ana Cristina Cash, Randy Blythe & Dez Fafara
- 5. I'm The Only Hell (Mama Ever Raised) - Dez Fafara & Devildriver
- 6. If Drinking Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will) - Wednesday13 & Dez Fafara
- 7. The Man Comes Around - Lee Ving Of Fear & Dez Fafara
- 8. A Thousand Miles From Nowhere - Dez Fafara & Neal Tiemann Of Devildriver
- 9. Copperhead Road - Brock Lindow Of 36 Crazyfists & Dez Fafara
- 10. Dad's Gonna Kill Me - Burton C. Bell Of Fear Factory & Dez Fafara
- 11. A Country Boy Can Survive - Dez Fafara & Devildriver
- 12. The Ride - Lee Ving Of Fear & Dez Fafara
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.