Autumn Wind (Import)
Not yet reviewed.
"My vision for this album came as I drank coffee in a German train station. I was returning to New York after touring with my quartet. My idea: To use three quartets to create a conversation between the world of contemporary classical composition and that of modern jazz composition and improvisation. Autumn would be my theme.
Carrying out my plan, I first composed twelve pieces for my quartet and recorded them in Copenhagen. Each piece begins with a different note, generating a twelve-tone row I used in various parts of the compositions. Later, in New York, building on the fluid performances and improvisations in those recordings, I composed, conducted and recorded pieces for classical string and woodwind quartets to be superimposed on the jazz performances.
Always I focused on the beautiful melody and harmony suggested to me by autumn’s permutations" - Scott DuBois
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Jazz|
- 1. Mid-September Changing Light
- 2. Late September Dusk Walk
- 3. Early October Insect Songs
- 4. Mid-October Migration
- 5. Late October Changing Leaves
- 6. Early November Bird Formations
- 7. Autumn Wind
- 8. Mid-November Moonlit Forest
- 9. Late November Farm Fields
- 10. Early December Blue Sky and Chimney Smoke
- 11. Mid-December Night Sky
- 12. Autumn Aurora Borealis
- 13. Mid-November Moonlit Forest String Quartet Reprise