Not yet reviewed.
When discussing 'Father John Misty', Tillman paraphrases PHILIP ROTH: "It's all of me and none of me, if you can't see that, you won't get it'. What I call it is totally arbitrary, but I like the name. You've got to have a name. I never got to choose mine."
Produced by FLEET FOXES' producer PHIL EK (who has also worked with BAND OF HORSES and MODEST MOUSE). Musically, 'Fear Fun' consists of such disparate elements as WAYLON JENNINGS, HARRY NILSSON, and ARTHUR RUSELL, often within the same song. Tillman's voice has never been better and often sounds like ROY ORBISON at his most joyous, while the music maintains a dark, mysterious and yet conversely playful, almost Dionysian quality.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Artist||FATHER JOHN MISTY|
|Music Genre Primary||Alternative|
- 1. Funtimes in Babylon
- 2. Nancy From Now On
- 3. Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings
- 4. I'm Writing a Novel
- 5. O I Long to Feel Your Arms Around Me
- 6. Misty's Nightmares 1 & 2
- 7. Only Son of the Ladiesman
- 8. This Is Sally Hatchet
- 9. Well, You Can Do It Without Me
- 10. Now I'm Learning to Love the War
- 11. Tee Pees 1-12
- 12. Everyman Needs a Companion