Not yet reviewed.
Renée Fleming is one of the most acclaimed singers of our time, with a touring schedule that spans the globe.
Following a remarkable year in which she was featured in the soundtracks of Best Picture Oscar-winner The Shape of Water and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, she made her Broadway musical debut this spring in Carousel, and she will soon be heard as the singing voice of Julianne Moore in the film of Ann Patchett's best-seller Bel Canto.
In 2013, President Obama awarded her America's highest honor for an artist, the National Medal of Arts. In 2014, she became the first classical artist ever to sing the US National Anthem at the Super Bowl, a televised event seen by more than 111 million fans. She has sung for momentous occasions from the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony to the Diamond Jubilee Concert for Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace.
The new recording features a wide range of Broadway hits from the 1920s to the present, in sumptuous orchestrations (many commissioned specially for this album). Among the songs are 'The Sound of Music', 'The Glamorous Life' from A Little Night Music, 'Tell Me on A Sunday' from Song and Dance, 'Wonderful Guy' from South Pacific, 'Fable' from The Light in the Piazza, and 'So Big So Small' from Dear Evan Hansen. Fleming's collaborators include Broadway legend Rob Fisher as music supervisor and conductor of the BBC Concert Orchestra, as well as the incomparable bassist and jazz great Christian McBride, rising star pianist Dan Tepfer, and Grammy-winning producer David Frost
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Classical|
|Music Genre Secondary||Jazz|
- 1. 'Fable' from The Light in the Piazza (Guettel)
- 2. 'Loneliness of Evening' from South Pacific (Rodgers & Hammerstein)
- 3. 'Children Will Listen/You've Got to be Taught' from Into the Woods/South Pacific (Sondheim/Rodgers & Hammerstein arr. Fisher), with guest star Leslie Odom, Jr
- 4. 'So Big So Small from Dear Evan Hansen (Pasek & Paul)
- 5. 'Something Wonderful from The King and I (Rodgers & Hammerstein)
- 6. 'Wonderful Guy from South Pacific (Rodgers & Hammerstein)
- 7. 'Lay Down Your Head from Violet (Tesori/Crawley)
- 8. 'Down in the Depths (on the Ninetieth Floor)' from Red, Hot and Blue (Porter)
- 9. 'Love and Love Alone/Winter' from The Visit (Kander/Ebb)
- 10. 'Dear Friend' from She Loves Me (Bock/Harnick)
- 11. 'The Sound of Music' from The Sound of Music (Rodgers & Hammerstein)
- 12. 'Unusual Way' from Nine (Yeston)
- 13. 'Till There Was You' from The Music Man (Wilson)
- 14. 'The Glamorous Life' from A Little Night Music (Sondheim)
- 15. 'Tell Me on A Sunday' from Song and Dance (Lloyd Webber/Black)
- 16. 'August Winds' from The Last Ship (Sting)
- 17. 'All the Things You Are' from Very Warm for May (Kern/Hammerstein)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.