Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances
Not yet reviewed.
The six-time Grammy-award winning singer Whitney Houston's first-ever live album features the most memorable live performances from her storied career. This new CD includes Houston's most unforgettable performances, reinforcing her as one of the greatest vocalists of all time.
'Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances' will take listeners through the remarkable arc of Houston's career, from her national network television debut appearance on The Merv Griffin Show in 1983 as a prodigal teenager, where she sang "Home" from The Wiz, to her emotional 2009 performance of "I Didn't Know My Own Strength" on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
The producer of the CD is the five-time Grammy-award winner Clive Davis. Mr. Davis states, "Whitney's Live CD will stun everyone. It definitely shows why she was totally unique, absolutely in the first rank of all time. For me, it's been very emotional. The set vividly confirms that there really was no one like her. It also makes the tragedy of losing her so young so very painful. Her amazing vocals and the songs that have stood the test of time combine to truly hypnotize over and over."
On behalf of The Whitney Houston Estate, Patricia Houston, Whitney's sister-in-law and President of the estate states, "Whitney truly had a matchless voice that not only made you feel good but made you feel alive. The Whitney Houston Estate has worked closely with Clive and Sony Legacy to make this the best album possible to honor Whitney's memory. It certainly was a bittersweet endeavor for all but one we hope appeals to her legions of fans worldwide."
With six Grammy Awards, two Emmy Awards, 16 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards (to date the most AMAs ever won by a female performer), and 170 million albums, singles and videos sold worldwide, Whitney Houston was a true pop culture icon and Whitney Houston Live: Her Greatest Performances only further demonstrates her prodigious talent, which will keep her and her magic remembered forever.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. Home (The Merv Griffin Show,1983)
- 2. You Give Good Love (The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson,1985)
- 3. How Will I Know (The Brit Awards,1987)
- 4. One Moment In Time (The 31st Annual Grammy Awards, 1989)
- 5. Greatest Love Of All (That's What Friends Are For: Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert,1990)
- 6. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (That's What Friends Are For: Arista Records 15th Anniversary Concert,1990)
- 7. The Star Spangled Banner (Super Bowl XXV, 1991)
- 8. All The Man That I Need (Welcome Home Heroes,1991)
- 9. I'm Your Baby Tonight (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
- 10. A Song For You (Welcome Home Heroes, 1991)
- 11. Medley: I Loves You, Porgy/And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going/I Have Nothing (The 21st Annual American Music Awards, 1994)
- 12. I'm Every Woman (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
- 13. I Will Always Love You (The Concert For A New South Africa, 1994)
- 14. My Love Is Your Love (Late Show With David Letterman, 1998)
- 15. I Believe In You And Me (The 16th Annual World Music Awards, 2004)
- 16. I Didn't Know My Own Strength (The Oprah Winfrey Show, 2009)