Book Of Souls, The: Live Chapter
Not yet reviewed.
Warner Music will release Iron Maiden's 'The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter!'
This live recording comprises 15 songs captured during The Book Of Souls World Tour, which covered 39 countries across six continents during 2016 and 2017, and was seen by over two million fans.
Produced by Tony Newton and Iron Maiden founder member and bass player Steve Harris, the album is based on this year's set list and is a faithful record of the epic show, including six songs from The Book Of Souls, the band's most recent studio album, along with many other classics and fan favourites.
Steve comments, "We spent a huge amount of time working on this as I wanted to get it as close to the Maiden live experience as I possibly could and to represent our fans from different parts of the world. This meant listening to literally hours upon hours of tapes from every show, to select material and construct a sound that would run consistently across the whole album and capture the excitement of a new country like El Salvador alongside such regular favourites as Donington or Wacken.”
Maiden manager Rod Smallwood adds, "The Book Of Souls World Tour was a huge undertaking, not least for Bruce who started the tour singing in public for the very first time since recovering from throat cancer. He also piloted Ed-Force One, upgraded last year from a Boeing 757 to a 747 so we could go further and faster to visit some fantastic cities and fans all round the world. This year continued that excitement bringing us our most successful North American and UK tours ever. It was a very special tour in a great many ways so we felt we wanted to document it for both ourselves and for our fans. Steve has done an incredible job putting together this set from cities around the world and we've made sure the deluxe CD will be available in a matching book format to The Book of Souls release.
"On top of all that the release will be celebrated by an event that is a Maiden first: a free live streaming premiere of the concert film, as a thank you to our loyal fans around the world. We hope that the global Maiden community will all enjoy coming together to watch this special event online. Many of you will be in it as there is footage from a whole host of the places we played on this momentous tour."
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Metal|
- 1. If Eternity Should Fail (Live at Qudos Arena, Sydney, Australia - Friday 6th May 2016)
- 2. Speed of Light (Live at Grandwest Arena, Cape Town, South Africa - Wednesday 18th May 2016)
- 3. Wrathchild (Live at 3 Arena, Dublin, Ireland - Saturday 6th May 2017)
- 4. Children of the Damned (Live at Bell Center, Montreal, Canada - Friday 1st April 2016)
- 5. Death or Glory (Live at Wroclaw Stadium, Wroclaw, Poland - Sunday 3rd July 2016)
- 6. The Red and the Black (Live at Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo, Japan - Thursday 21st April 2016)
- 7. The Trooper (Live at Estadio Jorge Magico Gonzalez, San Salvador, El Salvador - Sunday 6th March 2016)
- 8. Powerslave (Live at Plaza Dell'Unita D'Italia, Trieste, Italy - Tuesday 26th July 2016)
- 9. The Great Unknown (Live at MRA Arena, Newcastle, England - Sunday 14th May 2017)
- 10. The Book of Souls (Live at Download Festival, Donington, England - Sunday 12th June 2016)
- 11. Fear of the Dark (Live at Arena Castelao, Fortaleza, Brazil - Thursday 24th March 2016)
- 12. Iron Maiden (Live at Estadio Velez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Tuesday 15th March 2016)
- 13. The Number of the Beast (Live at Open Air Festival, Wacken, Germany - Thursday 4th August 2016)
- 14. Blood Brothers (Live at Download Festival, Donington, England - Sunday 12th June 2016)
- 15. Wasted Years (Live at HSBC Arena, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Thursday 17th March 2016)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.