Not yet reviewed.
Reissue Of The Classic Album From Darkthrone's Fenriz!
'Isengard' was a solo project set up by Fenriz of Darkthrone in the late 1980's which began more as a death metal project and evolved into a large mix of styles, incorporating elements of doom, rock, death, black metal and folk.
'H stm rke', meaning Autumn Darkness, was the second Isengard album, (even though the debut, 'Vinterskugge' is a collection of sorts). It was released in 1995 and featured a continuation of Norwegian folk elements mixed with some doom, with all instruments once again performed by Fenriz himself, as well as the now-trademark vocal delivery.
The latter part of the album also features a couple of black metal tracks which explore territory a bit more in line with Darkthrone, particularly the track 'Total Death'. H stm rke is also notable for featuring a couple of small guest appearances from Aldrahn (Thorns, ex D dheimsgard) and Vicotnik of D dheimsgard.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Metal|
- 1. Neslepaks (Skapelsen - The Creation)
- 2. Landet Og Havet (The Land And The Sea)
- 3. I Kamp Med Hvitekrist (In Battle With Christ)
- 4. I Ei Gran Borti Nordre Asen (In A Spruce Far Into The Northern Ridge)
- 5. Over De Syngende Oede Moer (Over The Singing Wastelands)
- 6. Thornspawn Chalice
- 7. Total Death