After teasing its release at SXSW, Kaytranada has shared details of his highly anticipated debut album '99.9%,' via XL Recordings / Remote Control Records!
The album finds the Haitian born, Montreal raised producer delivering on the promise of his early self-released EPs and remixes.
Since the age of fourteen, when he first began to DJ and when his brother introduced him to music production software, his output has been relentless. He explains, "after he showed me the basics, from that day on I couldn't stop making beats," pumping out a handful of tracks per day for the next couple of years.
Single releases like 'Drive Me Crazy' with Vic Mensa and 'Leave Me Alone' with Shay Lia soon spread his name like wildfire. With their release, Kaytranada cemented his reputation and his sound; an undeniable swing of the drums comparable to Dilla's, a signature soulful touch in the melodies, and a healthy dose of funky bass lines.
'99.9%' continues that tradition, and new track "Bus Ride," which features acclaimed percussionist/producer Karriem Riggins as well as rising Toronto vocalist River Tiber, demonstrates that Kaytranada has stayed within his canon while demonstrating growth on the new album.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Label||XL Recordings / Remote Control|
|Music Genre Primary||Alternative|
- 1. Track Uno
- 2. Bus Ride (feat. Karriem Riggins & River Tiber)
- 3. Got It Good (feat. Craig David)
- 4. Together (feat. AlunaGeorge & GoldLink)
- 5. Drive Me Crazy (feat. Vic Mensa)
- 6. Weight Off (feat. BADBADNOTGOOD)
- 7. One Too Many (feat. Phonte)
- 8. Despite The Weather
- 9. Glowed Up (feat. Anderson .Paak)
- 10. Breakdance Lesson N.1.
- 11. You're The One (feat. Syd)
- 12. Vivid Dreams (feat. River Tiber)
- 13. Lite Spots
- 14. Leave Me Alone (feat. Shay Lia)
- 15. Bullets (feat. Little Dragon)
Please try again.