Here's One You Didn't Know About: From The RPM & Kent Vaults
Not yet reviewed.
The great bluesman B.B. King, who died this year, was one of the few artists whose every note was of interest. This 25-track CD of mostly previously unissued recordings are drawn from his sessions for Modern Records between 1954 and 1962. "Be Careful Baby" is a rare thing – a B.B. King song that has never been released before in any version, while two tracks appeared on our 2014 RPM compilation "Speak Easy."
The version of "Catfish Blues" is from a completely different session to the familiar issued version and from B.B.'s commentary appears to be the version he played on the road. There are many comments from B.B. and the band which provide an insight into the recording process and B.B.'s relaxed and informal manner in the studio.
The CD ends with a previous unheard interview, recorded backstage at the Fillmore Ballroom in San Francisco with radio station KSAY at the 10/10 spot on your dial. All tracks are from the original master tapes
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Blues & Roots|
- 1. Catfish Blues (Aka Fishin' After Me) (Alt Vrs)
- 2. Be Careful Baby
- 3. Growing Old (Tk2)
- 4. I Gotta Find My Baby (60 Vrs Tk8)
- 5. Long Nights (The Feeling They Call The Blues) (Tk4)
- 6. Loving You In Vain (Aka Heartache And Pain) (Alt)
- 7. Shut Your Mouth (Tk1)
- 8. Sweet Little Angel (Vrs1 Alt)
- 9. Sweet Little Angel (Vrs2 Tk1)
- 10. Bad Case Of Love (Tk6)
- 11. Talkin' The Blues (Tk2)
- 12. Whole Lotta Love (63 Rerec Tk1)
- 13. You Know I Go For You (Alt)
- 14. You've Been An Angel (Tk1)
- 15. Be Careful With A Fool (Tk11)
- 16. When My Heart Beats Like A Hammer (Tk1)
- 17. Don't You Want A Man Like Me (54) (X Cowbell)(Tk3)
- 18. Early In The Morning (Aka Early Every Morning) (Tk2)
- 19. I Wonder Why (Tk4)
- 20. Partin' Time (Tk3)
- 21. Soul Beat (Aka Powerhouse (Tk1)
- 22. Why Not (Tk8a)
- 23. The Woman I Love (54) ( Tk3)
- 24. Whole Lotta Meat (Tk10)
- 25. Going Down Slow (59 Vrs Tk2)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.