Not yet reviewed.
'Romance' showcases Lang Lang's innate yet sophisticated feeling for nuance and reflection. Carefully selected from his Sony Classical discography, the selections achieve a fulfilling programmatic unity through subtle contrasts in mood and style.
The slow, yearning repeated note themes of Liszt's 'Liebestraum No. 3' and Chopin's 'Aeolian Harp Etude' naturally lead into Hans Zimmer's captivating main soundtrack theme from the film Gladiator.
Similarly, the juxtaposition of Chopin's C-sharp minor Nocturne, Liszt's 'Consolation No. 3' and the Adagio from Beethoven's 'Sonata op. 2 no. 3' and Bach's Air on the G String illuminates the common ground between four proudly individual composers.
'Romance' casts fresh light on Lang Lang's lyrical gifts, revealing the artist behind the phenomenon.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Classical|
- 1. Liszt - Liebestraum No. 3 in A-Flat Major, S. 541 / 3
- 2. Bach - Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068: III. Air, "On the G String" (Arr. for Piano)
- 3. Chopin - Nocturne Op. Posth., KK IVa, No. 16 (20a), in C-Sharp Minor
- 4. Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker, Op. 71: No. 14, Pas de deux, Var. II "Danse de la Fée Dragée"
- 5. Chopin - Études, Op. 25: No. 1 in A-Flat Major
- 6. Zimmer - Gladiator Rhapsody (From "Gladiator")
- 7. Bach - Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147: X. Jesus bleibet meine Freude (Choral)
- 8. Tchaikovsky - The Seasons, Op. 37a: VI. June: Barcarolle
- 9. Frédéric Chopin - Études, Op. 25: No. 5 in E Minor
- 10. Liszt / Schubert - Ave Maria, S. 558/12
- 11. Chopin - Etude, Op. 10, No. 3
- 12. Liszt - Romance "O pourquoi donc" in E Minor, S. 169
- 13. Beethoven - Piano Sonata No. 3 in C Major, Op. 2: II. Adagio
- 14. Chopin - Andante spianato and Grande Polonaise, Op. 22
- 15. Dudley - Poldark Prelude
- 16. Liszt - Consolation No. 3 in D-Flat Major, S. 172
- 17. Tchaikovsky - The Seasons, Op. 37a: I. January: At the Fireside