Andriessen: Theatre Of The World
Not yet reviewed.
Nonesuch releases Louis Andriessen's "grotesque stagework" Theatre of the World—recorded live during the Los Angeles Philharmonic's 2016 world premiere performances with conductor Reinbert de Leeuw and director Pierre Audi.
The nine-scene multi-media work, which was commissioned by the Philharmonic with generous support from the Lenore S. and Bernard A. Greenberg Fund, features a libretto by Helmut Krausser. Theatre of the World is a far-ranging exploration of the German Jesuit scholar Athanasius Kircher (1601–1680).
Kircher, the author of thirty books, "made a determined effort to summarize all of contemporary knowledge, and link it to Christian theology," according to John Henken's program note. Theatre of the World is Andriessen's eighth Nonesuch recording.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Artist||LOS ANGELES PHILHARMONIC|
|Music Genre Primary||Classical|
- 1. Theatre of the World: Scene
- 2. Theatre of the World: Scene 2
- 3. Theatre of the World: Scene 3
- 4. Theatre of the World: Scene 4
- 5. Theatre of the World: Scene 5
- 1. Theatre of the World: Scene 6
- 2. Theatre of the World: Scene 7
- 3. Theatre of the World: Scene 8
- 4. Theatre of the World: Scene 9
- 5. Theatre of the World: Epilogue
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.