Live Adventures Of Madder Lake 1973-2008
Not yet reviewed.
The Live Adventures of MADDER LAKE 1973-2008 is an immersive career retrospective - featuring all their timeless songs, full of dexterous, free-flowing, bluesy progressive rock as only Madder Lake could produce.
During the early to mid-1970s Madder Lake was one of Australia's pre-eminent rock bands, rubbing shoulders with all the big name acts of the day - Chain, Coloured Balls, Billy Thorpe and The Aztecs, The Dingoes, Band of Light etc. They released two acclaimed albums, Stillpoint and Butterfly Farm, yet their forte was the live performance which saw them play to packed crowds.
They were a funky rock 'n' roll band capable of adding elaborate elements on top that allowed them to go off on musical flights of fancy. And in the wickedly grinning, moonfaced Micky Fettes, with his manic Joe Cockeresque stage movements, they had one of the great front men of the age. He knew how to keep audiences entertained, with entire auditoriums of fans aping his every move. As well as previously heard tracks from Sunbury and Garrison, this collection boasts a whopping 19 previously unreleased live performances from all eras of the band's career. Captured live in 1974, 1978 and 2008, it's the sound of a band at the top of its game.
Featuring all their classic songs - '12-lb. Toothbrush', 'Listen to the Morning Sunshine', 'Slack Alice', 'Down the River', 'Rodney's Birthday', 'Booze Blues', 'Goodbye Lollipop' and more - there's plenty to savour here. As guitarist Brenden Mason says: "The most important thing all along has been the flexible aspect of Madder Lake. We never played any song the same way twice."
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Blues & Roots|
|Music Genre Secondary||Pop & Rock|
CD1: Sydney 1978 (Previously Unreleased)
- 1. Listen To The Morning Sunshine
- 2. Helper
- 3. On My Way To Heaven
- 4. Slack Alice
- 5. 12-lb. Toothbrush
- 6. I Get High
- 7. It's All In Your Head
- 8. Down The River (Sunbury 1973)
- 9. 12-lb. Toothbrush (Sunbury 1973)
- 10. Bumper Bar Song (Garrison 1973)
- 11. When Is A Mouse (Garrison 1973)
- 12. Rodney's Birthday (Garrison 1973)
- 13. Lizards (Sunbury 1974)
CD2: Victorian Country Tour 1974 (Previously Unreleased)
- 1. Down The River
- 2. One Star And The Moon
- 3. Listen To The Morning Sunshine
- 4. Slack Alice
- 5. Back Seat Song
- 6. Booze Blues
- 7. 12-lb. Toothbrush
- 8. Song For Little Ernest
- 9. Goodbye Lollipop (Sidney Myer Music Bowl 1982)
- 10. Calling (Musicland 2008 - Previously Unreleased)
- 11. Listen To The Morning Sunshine (Musicland 2008 - Previously Unreleased)
- 12. Down The River (Musicland 2008 - Previously Unreleased)
- 13. 12-lb. Toothbrush (Musicland 2008 - Previously Unreleased)
- 14. Song For Little Ernest (Musicland 2008 - Previously Unreleased)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.