Ultra Vivid Lament, The (Deluxe Mediabook Edition)
2CD Mediabook Edition!
Manic Street Preachers return with their 14th studio album ‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’
‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’ is both reflection and reaction; a record that gazes in isolation across a cluttered room, fogged by often painful memories, to focus on an open window framing a gleaming vista of land melting into sea and endless sky.
‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’s eleven tracks perfectly marry introspection, quiet rage and sublime, irresistible tunes. Those elements are there throughout, from the opening ambient hum of ‘Snowing In Sapporo’ to the galloping ‘The Secret He Had Missed’s push-and-pull duet imagining dialogue between Welsh brother and sister artists Augustus and Gwen John; via ‘Diapause’s sublime contemplation and ‘Happy Bored Alone’s stoic wishful thinking.
Musically, ‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’ is inspired by a formative years record box (ABBA, post-Eno Roxy, the Bunnymen, Fables-era REM, Lodger) though the end result could only be the unique union of James Dean Bradfield, Nicky Wire and Sean Moore, collectively one of the UK’s most consistently brilliant rock’n’roll bands for over three decades.
A departure from their last release (2018’s ‘Resistance is Futile’), ‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’ is the first Manic Street Preachers album initially conceived on piano rather than guitar. It was recorded over winter 2020/21 in Wales at Rockfield in Monmouth and the bands’ Door to the River studio in Newport with longtime collaborator Dave Eringa (The Who), before being mixed by David Wrench (Blossoms, Frank Ocean, Arlo Parks). The album features two guest vocalists: Julia Cumming (Sunflower Bean) on ‘The Secret He Had Missed’ and Mark Lanegan on ‘Blank Diary Entry’.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Artist||MANIC STREET PREACHERS|
|Music Genre Primary||Alternative|
- 1. Still Snowing in Sapporo
- 2. Orwellian
- 3. The Secret He Had Missed (Feat. Julia Cumming)
- 4. Quest for Ancient Colour
- 5. Dont Let the Night Divide Us
- 6. Diapause
- 7. Complicated illusions
- 8. Into the Waves of Love
- 9. Blank Diary Entry (Feat. Mark Lanegan)
- 10. Happy Bored Alone
- 11. Afterending
- 1. Still Snowing in Sapporo (Demo)
- 2. Orwellian (Demo)
- 3. The Secret He Had Missed (Demo)
- 4. Quest for Ancient Colour (Demo)
- 5. Don't Let the Night Divide Us (Nicky Wire Home Demo)
- 6. Don't Let the Night Divide Us (Demo)
- 7. Diapause (Demo)
- 8. Complicated Illusions (Nicky Wire Home Demo)
- 9. Complicated Illusions (Demo)
- 10. Into the Waves of Love (Demo)
- 11. Blank Diary Entry (Demo)
- 12. Happy Bored Alone (Demo)
- 13. Afterending (Demo)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.