Duets: Reworking The Catalogue
The seminal Van Morrison returns with his anticipated new release, 'Duets: Re-Working The Catalogue,' his 35th studio album.
Van Morrison and guests selected and recorded some of his songs from the catalog of 360 songs across his career. Deliberately steering away from his more well-known classics, Van enlisted some of the artists he most respects to perform these songs with him to re-craft and re-imagine them. The album was recorded in his home town of Belfast and London in the United Kingdom over the last year, using a variety of musicians and fresh arrangements.
The album was produced by Van Morrison along with Don Was and Bob Rock. The album features duet performances with Bobby Womack, Steve Winwood, Mark Knopfler, Taj Mahal, Mavis Staples, Michael Bublé, Natalie Cole, George Benson, Gregory Porter, Clare Teal, P.J. Proby, Joss Stone, Georgie Fame, Mick Hucknall, Chris Farlowe, and Van's daughter, Shana Morrison.
Van Morrison is considered one of the most prolific recording artists and extraordinary live performers of our time. He has received a multitude of awards and accolades including 6 Grammy Awards, a Brit Award, an OBE, an Ivor Novello, has been inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and possesses honorary doctorates from Queen's University Belfast and the University of Ulster, as well as entry into the French Ordres Des Artes Et Des Lettres, all illustrating the international reach of Van's musical art. His visionary songwriting and mastery of many genres continues to shine on albums celebrating and re-exploring his blues, jazz, skiffle and country roots. With one of the most revered catalogues in music history, his talents as a composer, singer and performer are unmatched.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Artist||MORRISON, VAN / VARIOUS ARTISTS|
|Label||Sony Music Australia|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. Some Peace Of Mind (With Bobby Womack)
- 2. If I Ever Needed Someone (With Mavis Staples)
- 3. Higher Than The World (With George Benson)
- 4. Wild Honey (With Joss Stone)
- 5. Whatever Happened To Pj Proby (With Pj Proby)
- 6. Carrying A Torch (With Clare Teal)
- 7. The Eternal Kansas City (With Gregory Porter)
- 8. Streets Of Arklow (With Mick Hucknall)
- 9. These Are The Days (With Natalie Cole)
- 10. Get On With The Show (With Georgie Fame)
- 11. Rough God Goes Riding (With Shana Morrison)
- 12. Fire In The Belly (With Steve Winwood)
- 13. Born To Sing (With Chris Farlowe)
- 14. Irish Heartbeat (With Mark Knopfler)
- 15. Real Real Gone (With Michael Buble)
- 16. How Can A Poor Boy? (With Taj Mahal)