Blue Sky Blue - The Byron Sessions
Not yet reviewed.
After living with his most recent studio album Blue Sky Blue, Pete wanted to re-record and release the album how he plays it with his friends - stripped back, Byron-style. Pete put the word out to a collection of his muso mates to contribute on this compendium album. Byron locals Ash Grunwald and Scott Owen (The Living End) lend slide guitar and bass respectively to make Hurricane Coming unmistakably coastal; Katie Noonan's vocals on Hold It All For Love are beautifully haunting; new kid on the block Fantine takes Pete into uncharted territory on lead track Blue Sky Blue with a rap written by indigenous roots queen Natalie Pa'apa'a (Blue King Brown); another Byron local Bernard Fanning takes time out of his busy recording schedule to sing backing vocals on Led; Busby Marou contributes vocal harmonies and guitar on Let You Go and the track Free and Darren Middleton (Powderfinger) plays his recognisable guitar licks on H.O.L.L.A.N.D.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. Blue Sky Blue (feat. Fantine)
- 2. Always A Winner
- 3. Hurricane Coming (feat. Ash Grunwald & Scott Owen of The Living End)
- 4. Free (feat. Busby Marou)
- 5. Led (feat. Bernard Fanning)
- 6. Let You Go (feat. Busby Marou)
- 7. Broken
- 8. H.O.L.L.A.N.D (feat. Darren Middleton)
- 9. Tattoo Stained
- 10. Hold It All For Love (feat. Katie Noonan)