Give Out But Don't Give Up: The Original Memphis Recordings (Limited Edition)
Not yet reviewed.
Limited Digipak Edition!
"In 1993, Primal Scream went to Memphis to make an album with Tom Dowd and the Muscle Shoals rhythm section, that album never saw the light of day, until now..." - Bobby Gillespie 2018
Following the recent discovery of these tracks, Primal Scream release the original studio recordings from Memphis of the tracks that eventually became their 1994 album 'Give Out But Don't Give Up.'
Teaming up with legendary producer Tom Dowd and the Muscle Shoals rhythm section of David Hood (bass) and Roger Hawkins (drums) at Ardent Studios in Memphis, the resulting recordings from those classic sessions showcase the more country soul, rock'n'roll side to a band who continue to surprise.
It's Primal Scream as you've never heard them before.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Alternative|
CD – TOM DOWD ALBUM MIX
- 1. Jailbird
- 2. Rocks
- 3. Call on Me
- 4. Everybody Needs Somebody
- 5. Sad and Blue
- 6. Big Jet Plane
- 7. Free
- 8. Jesus
- 9. (I'm Gonna) Cry Myself Blind
CD – ARDENT STUDIO SESSIONS
- 1. Billy / To Love Somebody
- 2. Memphis Groove (Improvised Song Jam)
- 3. Sad And Blue (Early Rehearsal Jam)
- 4. Blue Moon Of Kentucky / Trying To Get To You
- 5. Big Jet Plane (Early Rehearsal Jam / Tom Dowd Instructions)
- 6. Free (Bobby Vocal, Full Band Rehearsal Jam)
- 7. Everybody Needs Somebody (Alternative Recording)
- 8. Country Guitar
- 9. Jailbird Guitar
- 10. Jesus (Monitor Mix)
- 11. Funky Jam (Original Recording)
- 12. Free (Early Rehearsal Sitar /Piano / Bobby Vocal)
- 13. Call On Me ( Monitor Mix)
- 14. Cry Myself Blind (Monitor Mix)
- 15. All I Have To Do Is Dream