Released ahead of 1995’s The Gold Experience, the first album credited to Prince’s infamously unpronounceable symbol, The VERSACE Experience (PRELUDE 2 GOLD) was a gift to attendees of the designer’s collection at Fashion Week in Paris. Produced at the time as only a very limited edition promotional cassette, it featured remixed versions of future favorites “Pussy Control,” “Gold” and “Eye Hate U” as well as rare and commercially unreleased selections by The New Power Generation and Prince’s jazz-fusion project Madhouse. The rare promotional cassette went on to be incredibly sought after, with one copy setting a record as the highest priced cassette every sold, fetching over $4,000. It was recreated as a limited edition cassette release as a Record Store Day exclusive in April 2019 and was one of the most popular releases.
Primary Format - Music
Music Genre Primary
Pop & Rock
1. Pussy Control (Club Mix) (Edit) (3:04)
2. Shhh (X-cerpt) (3:55)
3. Get Wild In The House (2:15) - The NPG
4. Eye Hate U (remix) (3:29)
5. 319 (X-cerpt) (1:28)
6. Shy (X-cerpt) (2:23)
7. Billy Jack Bitch (2:31)
8. Sonny T. (X-cerpt) (0:28) Madhouse
9. Rootie Kazootie (Edit) (2:38) Madhouse
10. Chatounette Controle (2:25)
11. Pussy Control (Control Tempo) (Edit) (1:23)
12. Kamastutra Overture #5 (0:44) - The NPG Orchestra
13. Free The Music (1:44) - The NPG
14. Segue (0:50)
15. Gold (X-cerpt) (3:34)
Oops! We couldn't return reviews at the moment. Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.