Songs Of Resistance: 1942-2018
Not yet reviewed.
Acclaimed Guitarist Marc Ribot Announces New Political Album, Songs Of Resistance 1942-2018!
"Every movement which has ever won anything has had songs," says accomplished New York City guitarist Marc Ribot. For his new political album 'Songs of Resistance 1942-2018' – out via Anti- Records - Ribot set out to assemble a set of songs that spoke to this political moment with appropriate ambition, passion, and fury.
The eleven songs on the record include a few original compositions as well as traditional songs that are drawn from World War II anti-Fascist Italian partisans, the U.S. civil rights movement and Mexican protest ballads. It also features a wide range of guest vocalists, including Tom Waits, Steve Earle, Meshell Ndegeocello, Justin Vivian Bond, Fay Victor, Ohene Cornelius and Sam Amidon.
Steve Earle joins Ribot on one of the album’s new compositions, which is largely based on texts the guitarist encountered as news stories or overheard conversation.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Alternative|
|Music Genre Secondary||Folk|
- 1. We Are Soldiers in the Army (feat. Fay Victor)
- 2. Bella Ciao (Goodbye Beautiful) (feat. Tom Waits)
- 3. Srinivas (feat. Steve Earle & Tift Merritt)
- 4. How To Walk In Freedom (feat. Sam Amidon & Fay Victor)
- 5. Ratadedos Patas (feat. Ohene Cornelius)
- 6. The Militant Ecologist (based on Fischia II Vento) (feat. Meshell Ndegeocello)
- 7. The Big Fool
- 8. Ain't Gonna Let Them Turn Us Round (feat. Steve Earle & Tift Merritt)
- 9. John Brown (feat. Fay Victor)
- 10. Knock That Statue Down (feat. Syd Straw)
- 11. We'll Never Turn Back (feat. Justin Vivian Bond & Domenica Fossati)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.