Chapter And Verse
Not yet reviewed.
'Chapter And Verse,' the audio companion to Bruce Springsteen's extraordinary forthcoming autobiography, will be released on Columbia Records through Sony Music Entertainment Australia. The career-spanning compilation - released four days before Simon & Schuster publishes "Born to Run" - features 18 tracks; five of which have not been previously released.
Springsteen selected the songs on 'Chapter And Verse' to reflect the themes and sections of "Born to Run." The compilation begins with two tracks from The Castiles, featuring a teenaged Springsteen on guitar and vocals, and ends with the title track from 2012's 'Wrecking Ball.' The collected songs trace Springsteen's musical history from its earliest days, telling a story that parallels the one in the book.
Recordings from Steel Mill and The Bruce Springsteen Band feature musicians who would go on to play in The E Street Band. Solo demos of "Henry Boy" and "Growin' Up" were cut in 1972 shortly before Springsteen began recording his debut album, 'Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.'
The package also includes lyrics and rare photos.
Springsteen's gripping 500-page autobiography, "Born to Run," will published by Simon & Schuster in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and India, as well as other publishers around the world. Springsteen has been privately writing the autobiography over the past seven years. He began work in 2009, after performing with the E Street Band at the Super Bowl's halftime show.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Label||Columbia / Sony|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. Baby I The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ; written by Bruce Springsteen and George Theiss; previously unreleased)
- 2. You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ; written by Willie Dixon; previously unreleased)
- 3. He's Guilty (The Judge Song) Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA; previously unreleased)
- 4. Ballad of Jesse James The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ; previously unreleased)
- 5. Henry Boy (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY; previously unreleased)
- 6. Growin' Up (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on 'Tracks')
- 7. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (1973, 'The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle')
- 8. Born to Run (1975, 'Born to Run')
- 9. Badlands (1977, 'Darkness on the Edge of Town')
- 10. The River (1980, 'The River')
- 11. My Father's House (1982, 'Nebraska')
- 12. Born in the U.S.A. (1984, 'Born in the U.S.A.')
- 13. Brilliant Disguise (1987, 'Tunnel of Love')
- 14. Living Proof (1992, 'Lucky Town')
- 15. The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995, 'The Ghost of Tom Joad')
- 16. The Rising (2002, 'The Rising')
- 17. Long Time Comin' (2005, 'Devils & Dust')
- 18. Wrecking Ball (2012, 'Wrecking Ball')
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.