Dreams And Songs
Not yet reviewed.
After five years, Sir Bryn Terfel is back with his eagerly-anticipated new studio album 'Dreams and Songs'. It's a collection of his favourite tunes, recorded in brand new orchestral versions and including some special guest duets.
Acclaimed worldwide for tackling the biggest opera roles, Sir Bryn's new album shows his lighter side with popular concert pieces, traditional Welsh songs, musical hits and entertaining encores.
Among the pieces on his new album are 'If I Were A Rich Man' from Fiddler on the Roof, Welsh folk song 'Ar Lan y Môr', Irish ballad 'The Fields of Athenry' and one of his party pieces, 'The Golfer's Lament'.
A star-studded new album from Sir Bryn Terfel featuring Dame Emma Thompson, Rob Brydon, Joseph Calleja and Katherine Jenkins.
Includes a world premiere recording of "The Shepherd Poet Of Passchendaele," written especially for Bryn by Sir Karl Jenkins, the most performed living composer.
"The world's greatest bass-baritone" (The Observer)
"Terfel himself has the gift to be simple and, in something almost amounting to genius, the gift of communication. With him, the words live and become vivid" (Gramophone)
"He sings everything with immediacy and distinctive artistry" (BBC Music Magazine)
"Marvel at how Bryn sounds so at home with every song he's ever sung" (Classic FM)
"Mr. Terfel loves words, loves the sounds of words and loves giving them to his audience in huge bunches of variegated colors. He can roar – with pain, with pleasure, with fierce indignation" (The New York Times)
"Majestic in voice, massive in stature" (The Times)
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Classical|
- 1. I Believe
- 2. The Fields of Athenry
- 3. Perhaps Love (with Alfie Boe)
- 4. If I Were a Rich Man from "Fiddler on the Roof"
- 5. Do You Love Me from "Fiddler on the Roof" (with Emma Thompson)
- 6. Amazing Grace (with Danielle de Niese)
- 7. The Trees
- 8. Tell My Father from "The Civil War" (with Katherine Jenkins)
- 9. The Shepherd Poet of Passchendaele / We Who Are Le
- 10. The Golf Song (Golfer's Lament) (with Rob Brydon)
- 11. Traditional: Ar Lan Y Mor
- 12. Granada (with Joseph Calleja)
- 13. Smile
- 14. The Hippopotamus Song