Ravel & Debussy: String Quartets
Not yet reviewed.
Internationally acclaimed for its 'addictive sound' and 'intuitive' music-making, the Tinalley String Quartet has established itself as one of Australia's finest classical music exports.
The Tinalley String Quartet has toured throughout Australia, Europe, Canada and the United States, appearing in such prestigious venues as the Vienna Musikverein, Berlin Konzerthaus, Amsterdam Concertgebouw and the Frankfurt AlteOper. In Australia, the group presents an annual recital Series at the Sydney Opera House and Melbourne Recital Centre and performs regularly at the nation's premier festivals including the Adelaide Festival; Perth International Arts Festival; Canberra International Music Festival; Melbourne International Arts Festival; Huntington Festival; Australian Festival of Chamber Music, Port Fairy Spring Music Festival and the Coriole Music Festival. The quartet is currently 'Quartet in Residence' at the Coriole Music Festival and it will begin a new relationship with the University of Queensland in 2018 as 'Ensemble in Residence'.
In addition to performing the great pillars of the quartet repertory, the ensemble has a passion for collaborating with artists outside of the classical sphere. Such projects have included 'Beethoven's Letters' with actors John Bell and John Stanton; two commissions that combined the talents of singer/songwriter Lior and composers Nigel Westlake and Ade Vincent; and in 2018, a new commission by Nigel Westlake of Compassion for Octet and Voice.
Tinalley's previous CD release of Haydn's Opus 20 Quartets garnered international praise, UK's Strad magazine singling the recording out as 'recommended' listening, describing the performances as 'technically assured, warm-toned, beautifully blended and ideally balanced'.
This is the ensemble's first recording release by Decca Classics.
TINALLEY STRING QUARTET
Adam Chalabi violin I
Lerida Delbridge violin II
Justin Williams viola
Michelle Wood cello
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Artist||TINALLEY STRING QUARTET|
|Music Genre Primary||Classical|
- 1. CLAUDE DEBUSSY - Quatour à cordes, Op. 10: I Animé et très decide
- 2. CLAUDE DEBUSSY - Quatour à cordes, Op. 10: II Assez vif et bien rythmé
- 3. CLAUDE DEBUSSY - Quatour à cordes, Op. 10: III Andantino, doucement expressif
- 4. CLAUDE DEBUSSY - Quatour à cordes, Op. 10: IV Très modéré En animant peu à peu Très mouvementé et avec passion
- 5. MAURICE RAVEL - Quatour à cordes: I Allegro moderato Très doux
- 6. MAURICE RAVEL - Quatour à cordes: II Assez vif Très rythmé
- 7. MAURICE RAVEL - Quatour à cordes: III Très lent
- 8. MAURICE RAVEL - Quatour à cordes: IV Vif et agité
Please try again.