Not yet reviewed.
The world is full of train songs - it seems all songwriters find the diddlydee diddleyda rhythm irresistible and compose away as they clicketyclack on down the track.
This compilation was created by the compiler who brought you 2008's "Feline Groovy": a different take on trains with a witty, stylish set of illustrations, notes, info and photographs. Many important artists are featured among thes 25 tracks including Little Walter, Dusty Springfield, James Carr, Chuck Berry and the Shangrilas.
The obvious tracks have been avoided; great care has been taken to offer a wide variety of musical genres and you find reggae next to rockabilly, skiffle next to pop but all are vital recordings and it makes for a superb listening experience.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre||Rock n Roll|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
|Music Genre Secondary||50s & 60s|
- 1. The Freedom Riders - Harold Jackson & The Jackson Brothers
- 2. The Memphis Train - Rufus Thomas
- 3. Country Line Special - Cyril Davies & His R&b All Stars
- 4. Stop That Train - Keith & Tex
- 5. Ghost Train - Virgil Holmes
- 6. It Takes A Long Long Train With A Red Caboose (To Carry My Blues Away) - Peggy Lee With The Dave Barbour All Stars
- 7. Won't Be Long - Dusty Springfield
- 8. Freedom Train - James Carr
- 9. No 9 Train - Tarheel Slim
- 10. Pan American Man - Cliff Carlisle
- 11. Last Train To San Fernando - Johnny Duncan & The Blue Grass Boys
- 12. The Train From Kansas City - The Shangrilas
- 13. Down Bound Train - Chuck Berry
- 14. Ghetto Train - Luther Ingram
- 15. This Train Sister - Rosetta Tharpe
- 16. One Way Ticket (To The Blues) - Neil Sedaka
- 17. Psychedelic Train - Derrick Harriot & The Chosen Few
- 18. Hurry Hurry Choo Choo - Sharon Tandy
- 19. Big Train - Bobby Wayne
- 20. Up The Line - Little Walter
- 21. Night Train - James Brown & The Famous Flames
- 22. Steam - Caroline Day
- 23. Train To Skaville - The Ethiopians
- 24. Go Go Train - Jackie Paine
- 25. Death Train Blues - Daddy Long Legs