Aussie Bush Songs
Not yet reviewed.
The songs these Bush Bands played were derived from many sources and were truly unique in their evocation of a way of life unknown to most listeners, even those who have lived in Australia all their lives. They were based on Irish and Scottish tunes, brought to Australia by the early settlers and the lyrics reflected the outback life of those people and their struggle with the land.
The songs not only represent the historical culture of outback Australia, they also feature a mixture of homespun philosophy, humour and tall tales. They were often sung and played around the campfires in the outback and at woolshed dances, where many of the Bush Bands featured on this disc originated. From musical versions of A,B, 'Banjo' Paterson's bush poetry to adaptations of Irish traditional melodies, all of the songs in this collection have one thing in common – they take us back to life in the Australian outback as it was in the colonial days.
Happily, the tradition of Bush songs is carried on today by bands such as those featured on this collection: The Bushwackers, The Sundowners, The Colonials and Ants Bush Band, to name just a few.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Label||Fanfare / Sony|
|Music Genre Primary||Country|
|Music Genre Secondary||Folk|
- 1. Waltzing Matilda - The Sundowners
- 2. Click Go The Shears - Gary Shearston
- 3. Lazy Harrys - The Colonials
- 4. The Overlanders - The Ants Bushband
- 5. Billy Of Tea - The Bushwackers
- 6. Flash Jack from Gundagai - The Hawking Brothers
- 7. With My Swag Upon My Shoulder - Western Bush Band
- 8. The Ryebuck Shearer - The Sundowners
- 9. The Backblocks Shearer - Gary Shearston
- 10. Lime Juice Tub - The Hawking Brothers
- 11. Augathella Station - The Ants Bushband
- 12. The Maranoa Drovers - The Colonials
- 13. Lachlan Tigers - The Bushwackers
- 14. South Australia - The Sundowners
- 15. The Wild Colonial Boy - The Hawking Brothers
- 16. Barn Dance Medley- Drovers Dream / Click Go the Shears / Back Again to Yarrawonga / Dog Sits Opn the Tuckerbox / Home Among the Gumtrees - Wombats Bush Band
- 17. Springtime It Brings On The Shearing - Gary Shearston
- 18. The Old Bullock Dray - The Sundowners
- 19. The Man From The Snowy River - The Ants Bushband
- 20. Waltzing Matilda (Queensland Version) - The Bushwackers
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.