Birth Of Surf Vol 3
Not yet reviewed.
Newly compiled by the guys from Pipeline Magazine, 'The Birth Of Surf Vol 3' follows the pattern of the earlier volumes in representing the influential pre-surf instrumental scene and then moving on through the genre's prime years of 1963 and '64 with a selection of hits and rare gems.
Its 26 tracks includes rockin' contributions from influential acts such as Johnny & The Hurricanes, the genre-defining blast of Dick Dale on 'The Victor' and follow-up singles from hit makers the Chantays ('Scotch High's'), Astronauts ('Surf Party') and Pyramids ('Pressure'), none of which appeared on their albums.
Alongside all of the big names and many hard-to-find recordings are no less than seven tracks appearing on CD for the first time. These include much sought-after rarities like 'Bonzai' by the Baymen, 'Minor Chaos' by the Treasures and 'Static' by the Velvetones plus a previously unreleased gem from The deFenders' aptly titled 'More Surf'.
The packaging includes a full colour illustrated booklet with authoritative track-by-track info in 5,000 words of text from Pipeline editor and North Sea Surf Radio DJ Alan Taylor.
'The Birth Of Surf Vol 3' is a match for its successful predecessors. It's an exciting listen, an attractive purchase for the casual buyer and an essential acquisition for collectors.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre||Surf / Rock N Roll|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
|Music Genre Secondary||50s & 60s|
- 1. Flaming Guitar - Billy Mure
- 2. Machine Gun - The Rip Tides
- 3. Sheba - Johnny & The Hurricanes
- 4. Lone Survivor - The Beachcombers
- 5. Boss - The Rumblers
- 6. Vesuvius - The Sentinals
- 7. Scotch High's - The Chantays
- 8. Moment Of Truth - The Original Surfaris
- 9. Failsafe - The New Dimensions
- 10. Bonzai - Baymen (No The)
- 11. Surf Party - The Astronauts
- 12. Bacardi - The Torquetts
- 13. The Force Of Gravity - The Genteels
- 14. Christina - The Charades Band
- 15. On The Run - The Rondels
- 16. The Victor - Dick Dale & The Del-tones
- 17. The Marauder - Marrell's Marauders
- 18. Pressure - The Pyramids
- 19. Gear! - Dave Myers & The Surftones
- 20. Countdown - Buddy Lee & The Satellites
- 21. More Surf - The De-fenders
- 22. Take 7 - The Novas
- 23. Minor Chaos - The Treasures
- 24. Static - The Velvetones
- 25. Heartbeat - The Avengers Vi
- 26. Storm Surf - The Surfaris
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.