Bobby Gillespie Presents Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down
Not yet reviewed.
Primal Scream are one of the most popular and influential British groups of the past thirty years. Their 1991 album "Screamadelica" is regularly lauded as among the greatest of all time. They mix the musical past with the present to create a special sound. The tracks on this compilation, selected by lead singer Bobby Gillespie, allow a view into part of his music world.
This is the first commercially released compilation put together by Bobby Gillespie. He describes the music as "beautiful, fragile and soulful".
The CD's tracklisting includes music by the 13th Floor Elevators, the Beach Boys, the Byrds, Gene Clark, Ronnie Wood, Willie Nelson and Jerry Lee Lewis. It also features Primal Scream's take on the Jesus And Mary Chain's 'Darklands'.
The sleeve notes feature Bobby's explanation of what the songs mean to him and how they influenced his band's records. The cover image is an iconic image of him from the Corinne Day archive.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
|Music Genre Secondary||Compilation|
- 1. May The Circle Remain Unbroken - 13th Floor Elevators
- 2. 'til I Die Alternate Mix - The Beach Boys
- 3. Forever A Cappella Mix - The Beach Boys
- 4. You're Welcome - The Beach Boys
- 5. Wild Mountain Thyme - The Byrds
- 6. Born To Be With You - Dion
- 7. American Dreamer - Gene Clark
- 8. Midnight Cowboy - John Barry
- 9. Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down - Kris Kristofferson
- 10. Ice People - Link Wray
- 11. As We Go Along - The Monkees
- 12. Love Hurts - Gram Parsons
- 13. War In Peace - Alexander "skip"' Spence
- 14. Phantasmagoria In Two - Tim Buckley
- 15. Any Way That You Want Me - Evie Sands
- 16. Willin' - Little Feat
- 17. Breathe On Me - Ronnie Wood
- 18. Darklands - Primal Scream
- 19. Precious Memories - Willie Nelson
- 20. Over The Rainbow - Jerry Lee Lewis