Breaking Point, The: Australian Pop Of The 60s – Volume 6
The long wait is over with the release of Volume 6 of Sony Music's much-loved Australian Pop Series!!
Again compiled by Brent James, Volume 6 features detailed liner notes along with chart positions from each State. With just over 200 charting Australian hits of the 1960s already released over the five earlier collections, Volume 6 delves deeper into the pop charts around Australia from the 1960s.
From the national hits of Normie Rowe, Johnny Young and Dinah Lee to the hitmakers who found fame primarily in their home State
including Kinetics, In-Sect, Jon Blanchfield and The Cherokees among many others.
Over 40 homegrown gems in all – each and every one a chart hit, somewhere around the country during the 1960s.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
|Music Genre Secondary||Compilation|
- 1. Normie Rowe - The Breaking Point
- 2. The Cherokees - The Angels Listened In
- 3. Dave Bridge Trio - Bondi Stomp
- 4. The Groove - What Is Soul
- 5. Johnny Young - Lady
- 6. Jon Blanchfield - She's My Baby
- 7. The Kinetics - Excuses
- 8. New World - Try To Remember
- 9. Buddy England - Movin' Man
- 10. Ronnie Burns - How'd We Ever Get This Way
- 11. Laurie Allen And Bobby Bright - Judy Green
- 12. Dinah Lee - I Can't Believe What You Say
- 13. The Virgil Brothers - Here I Am
- 14. Jimmy Hannan - Beach Ball
- 15. 18th Century Quartet - Am I A Lover
- 16. Anne & Johnny Hawker - Cinderella Rockafella
- 17. The Cicadas - I Need You
- 18. Ray Brown & The Whispers - Tennessee Waltz Song
- 19. Levi Smith's Clefs - Road Runner
- 20. Robbie Snowden - No One Really Loves A Clown
- 21. The Cam-Pact - Zoom Zoom Zoom
- 22. The Imagination - Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You
- 23. Johnny O'Keefe - I Thank You
- 24. The Feel Goods - What Will It Be Like?
- 1. Billy Thorpe And The Aztecs - Mashed Potato
- 2. The Avengers - Twiddle-E-Dee
- 3. Bobby Bright - Would You Believe, Love
- 4. Bill And Boyd - Cloudy Summer Afternoon
- 5. The Strangers - Western Union
- 6. Ross D. Wyllie - Smile
- 7. The Groop - Annabelle Lee
- 8. Judy Stone - Born A Woman
- 9. Glen Ingram With The Hi Five - Skye Boat Song
- 10. The Pilgrims Five - Barbara Allen
- 11. Peter Doyle - Speechless (The Pickup)
- 12. Terry Dean - It's You
- 13. The Seekers - Love Is Kind, Love Is Wine
- 14. The Henchmen - Can't You Hear Me Callin'
- 15. The Easybeats - St. Louis
- 16. The In-Sect - Let This Be A Lesson
- 17. The Bay City Union - Mo'reen
- 18. The Atlantics - War Of The Worlds
- 19. Ronnie Charles - Katy Jane
- 20. The Throb - Black
- 21. Marcie Jones - That's The Way It Is
- 22. Tony Worsley And The Fabulous Blue Jays - Talking About You
- 23. Doug Ashdown - The Day They Freed The Noise
Please try again.