Excavated Shellac: Reeds
Not yet reviewed.
This compelling album is the second volume in the Excavated Shellac release series, featuring rare, never-before issued 78rpm records from around the world, centered on a unique theme.
The previous volume (Excavated Shellac: Strings) focused on stellar stringed instrument performances.
This release examines some of the most intense and hypnotic music set to disc during the early years of international recording, all featuring reed instruments.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Label||Dust To Digital|
|Music Genre||World Music|
|Music Genre Primary||World|
|Music Genre Secondary||Compilation|
- 1. I Tre Antonio Della Basilicata - Tarantella Popolare (Italy)
- 2. Sylvain Poujouly & Achille Marc - Lou Bolontinou (Auvergne, France)
- 3. Karzana Oyun Havasi - Zurnaci Mahir And Ali (Turkey)
- 4. Tufanpur Orchestra - Reng-e Ghafghaz (Iran)
- 5. Ahn Ki-ok And Kin Yin Kuan - Janggochum (North Korea)
- 6. Guangdong Troupe With Da Kai Men - Untitled (China)
- 7. T. Rajarathnam Pillai - Raga Alapana (Todi) (India)
- 8. Selim - Ek Ri Eselimmit (Albania)
- 9. Obdulia Alvarez, "la Busdonga" - Cantar Bien Ne A (Asturias, Spain)
- 10. Jhande Nath - Lahara Saamp Ke Masta Karneka (India)
- 11. Hoseynkali Was Roofakah - Raqs Jooli - Aroosi (Kurdistan)
- 12. Mohamed Efendi Baz - Alia Mozmar Khedawi Masr (Upper Egypt)
- 13. Ngoma Ya Kitokomire - Mimi Naona Haya (Tanzania)
- 14. Mqonga Sikanise - Into Ezimnandi (South Africa) Bonus Tracks Not Included On Original Lp
- 15. Musicians Of Radio Studio Skopje, Macedonia - Macedonsko Oro (Macedonia)
- 16. Uncredited Musicians - Raqsi Kalon (Tajikistan)
- 17. Parush Parushev - Ruchenitsa (Bulgaria)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.