Exile: Songs & Tales Of Irish Australia
An astounding line-up of artists from Ireland and Australia, including Shane Howard, Paul Kelly and Pauline Scanlon, gather in a moving celebration of Irish impact on Australian life.
Ireland's greatest export has been her people and for centuries, emigration and exile have been harsh, repeating themes of Irish history. An astounding array of artists from Ireland and Australia gather in a moving celebration of the Irish impact on Australian life. Through abundant literature, music, poetry and art, as well as a keen hunger for sport and justice, the Irish spirit has stamped itself on the evolving culture of Australia.
Almost a third of all Australians claim some degree of Irish descent and many Aboriginal Australians are also proud of their Irish ancestry. The enduring influence on Australian history, music and politics is recounted through rich imagery and stirring performances in this special live concert event.
There is no denying the contribution that the Irish have made to Australian life. It has been certainly varied but rarely dull.
This release is a CD + DVD capturing the live recording of Exile at Melbourne's Hammer Hall, and Qpac in Brisbane in 2016.
CD + Bonus DVD in beautiful 6 panel digipack packaging
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre||World Music / Folk|
|Music Genre Primary||World|
|Music Genre Secondary||Folk|
- 1. O'Carolans Welcome - Michelle Burton
- 2. Na Conneries - Pauline Scanlon
- 3. The Orphan / Australian Waters - Exile Ensemble
- 4. Moreton Bay - Declan O'Rourke
- 5. Rattle My Bones - Declan O'Rourke
- 6. Mary Kate - Lynelle Moran
- 7. Silvermines - Leah Flanagan
- 8. Rebel Song - Shane Howard
- 9. Cry of a Dreamer - Sean Tyrrell & Aine Tyrrell
- 10. Only from Day to Day - Sean Tyrrell & Aine Tyrrell
- 11. Blooming Meadow / Cook in the Kitchen / Hang at the Churn - Exile Ensemble
- 12. Farewell Dan and Edward Kelly - Paul Kelly & Shane Howard
- 13. Our Sunshine (Poor but Happy at 53) - Paul Kelly
- 14. Humping the Drum (Eibhli Ghael Chiuin Ni Chearbhill) - Shane Howard & Michelle Burton
- 15. The Boyne Hunt - Come West Along the Road - Exile Ensemble
- 16. Town by the Bay - Leah Flanagan & Paul Kelly
- 17. Ireland and Australia - John Spillane
- 18. Sight - Pauline Scanlon
- 19. Stack of Barley / Father Kellys Jig / Father Kellys Reel / Foxhunters - Exile Ensemble
- 20. All The Ways You Wander - Pauline Scanlon
- 21. Hey Dreamer - John Spillane & QPAC Choir
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.