Johnny Cash: Forever Words
Not yet reviewed.
'Johnny Cash: Forever Words' is a collaborative album consisting of 16 songs created from Johnny Cash's unknown poetry, lyrics, and letters set to music by an astounding array of contemporary artists including Chris Cornell, Ruston Kelly & Kacey Musgraves, Rosanne Cash, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Brad Paisley, Kris Kristofferson & Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Elvis Costello, and more!
For nearly 60 years, the words of Johnny Cash have reached across cultural, spiritual and ideological borders. He was not only a singer of great songs, but a teller of universal truths about justice, faith, love, and independence.
It was in this spirit that 'Johnny Cash: Forever Words,' was created.
Recorded primarily at The Cash Cabin Studio in Hendersonville, Tennessee and co-produced by John Carter Cash and Steve Berkowitz, 'Johnny Cash: Forever Words' is also the musical companion to the best-selling "Forever Words: The Unknown Poems," a volume of Cash's unpublished writing edited by Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Paul Muldoon.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Country|
|Music Genre Secondary||Country|
- 1. Forever/I Still Miss Someone - Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson
- 2. To June This Morning - Ruston Kelly and Kacey Musgraves
- 3. Gold All Over the Ground - Brad Paisley
- 4. You Never Knew My Mind - Chris Cornell
- 5. The Captain's Daughter - Alison Krauss and Union Station
- 6. Jellico Coal Man - T. Bone Burnett
- 7. The Walking Wounded - Rosanne Cash
- 8. Them Double Blues - John Mellencamp
- 9. Body on Body - Jewel
- 10. I'll Still Love You - Elvis Costello
- 11. June's Sundown - Carlene Carter
- 12. He Bore It All - Daily and Vincent
- 13. Chinky Pin Hill - I'm With Her
- 14. Goin', Goin', Gone - Robert Glasper featuring Ro James, and Anu Sun
- 15. What Would I Dreamer Do? - The Jayhawks
- 16. Spirit Rider Jamey Johnson