Let It Be - Black America Sings Lennon & Mccartney
Not yet reviewed.
The highly anticipated second volume of songs by John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison is no less potent than 2011's "Come Together" - one of our most popular titles. The compositions of Lennon, McCartney & Harrison were no less appreciated by their black American peers than they were by their fellow pop and rock acts.
Here are 22 reinterpretations of Beatles classics that frequently take the songs in new directions, but never lose sight of the original intention of the writers.
We welcome back a few artists from "Come Together" but the majority of acts here have not been featured previously. Four of the songs are reprised from the previous volume and offer a really fascinating comparison as they are heard here in very different arrangements.
While many familiar names are on board there are some who you might not expect to hear covering a Beatles song
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre||Soul / Pop|
|Music Genre Primary||Funk & Soul|
|Music Genre Secondary||Compilation|
- 1. Eleanor Rigby - Aretha Franklin
- 2. Dear Prudence - The 5 Stairsteps
- 3. Got To Get You Into My Life - Earth, Wind And Fire
- 4. Do You Want To Know A Secret - Mary Wells
- 5. The Fool On The Hill - Four Tops
- 6. Lovely Rita - Fats Domino
- 7. Here Comes The Sun - Nina Simone
- 8. Ob La Di Ob La Da - Arthur Conley
- 9. A World Without Love - The Supremes
- 10. Tomorrow Never Knows - Junior Parker
- 11. Don't Let Me Down - Randy Crawford
- 12. With A Little Help From My Friends - The Undisputed Truth
- 13. A Hard Day's Night - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
- 14. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - Ike & Tina Turner
- 15. For No One - Maceo & All The King's Men
- 16. It's Only Love - Gary Us Bonds
- 17. We Can Work It Out - Dionne Warwick
- 18. Hey Jude - The Temptations
- 19. In My Life - Boyz Ii Men
- 20. Savoy Truffle - Ella Fitzgerald
- 21. Something - Isaac Hayes
- 22. Let It Be - Bill Withers
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.