London-American Year By Year 1966
Not yet reviewed.
Ace's everpopular yearbyyear anthologies of the output of revered UK imprint London American continues to snake its way slowly through the 1960s with this volume devoted to 1966.
As ever, London moved with the times and was as quick to pick up on the new soul and garage sounds of '66 as it had been to embrace rock'n'roll and R&B a decade earlier.
The 28 tracks demonstrate the eclecticism always a hallmark of LondonAmerican, with all-mono audio (as on the original 45s). Around 95% of the tracks appear on Ace CD for the first time.
The booklet has detailed notes and a label scan of every featured track (including our cover star Darrell Banks' 'Open The Door To Your Heart', of which the only known stock copy sold recently for upwards of £15,000!)
The series will continue with a look at 1967.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre||Rock n Roll|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
|Music Genre Secondary||50s & 60s|
- 1. Five O'clock World - The Vogues
- 2. Love's Made A Fool Of You - The Bobby Fuller Four
- 3. Cast Your Fate To The Wind - Shelby Flint
- 4. Open The Door To Your Heart - Darrell Banks
- 5. Come On In - The (Paul) Butterfield Blues Band
- 6. Don't Touch Me - Jeannie Seeley
- 7. Crazy Like A Fox - Link Cromwell
- 8. The Pain Gets A Little Deeper - Darrow Fletcher
- 9. I'll Keep It With Mine - Judy Collins
- 10. The Rains Came - Sir Douglas Quintet
- 11. She Blew A Good Thing - The (American) Poets
- 12. To Make A Big Man Cry - Roy Head
- 13. Bird Doggin' - Gene Vincent
- 14. Teenager's Prayer - Joe Simon
- 15. Hand Jive - The Strangeloves
- 16. The White Cliffs Of Dover - The Righteous Brothers
- 17. Cherish - The Association
- 18. You Left The Water Running - Barbara Lynn
- 19. United - The Intruders
- 20. Party People - Ray Stevens
- 21. Mr Bang Bang Man - Little Hank
- 22. Ever See A Diver Kiss His Wife While The Bubbles Bounce About Above The Water? - Shirley Ellis
- 23. Mr Dieingly Sad - The Critters
- 24. You Burn Me Up And Down We - The People
- 25. I Can Hear Music - The Ronettes
- 26. 7 And 7 - Is Love
- 27. I'm A Nut - Leroy Pullins
- 28. River Deep Mountain High - Ike & Tina Turner
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.