Lost Hits Of The 70s & 80s Vol 3
Not yet reviewed.
REDISCOVERED REBORN AND REMASTERED
Throughout the 70s and into the 80s, Fable and Image were the foremost Australian independent record labels, along with a few other ‘indies’ like Martin Erdman’s DuMonde label.
The previous volumes of Lost Hits of the 70s & 80s have been draw exclusively from the vaults of the Fable/Image catalogues and their subsidiary labels, but for Volume 3 we have cast a wider net to catch some elusive hits from other labels as well.
As before, this collection is a mixture of original songs (Ginger Man, Bonnie Please Don’t Go,
Captain Zero, Carmilla etc) and ‘cover versions’ of (usually) UK hits such as Flake’s This Wheel’s On Fire, Autumn’s Yellow River, The Allniters’ Montego Bay and Pat Carroll’s All Kinds Of Everything, to name just a few.
Many of these recordings became hits because of the infamous ‘radio ban’ of the early 70s, in which – due to a dispute between record companies and radio stations over royalties – many UK hits were not played on Australian radio. This gave the independents the opportunity to record cover versions of the UK hits and, in many cases, launch the careers of great Australian artists.
So, collected together for the first time on CD, here are 20 more lost hits of the 70s and 80s.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. Brian Cadd Ginger Man
- 2. Karen Knowles Why Wont You Explain
- 3. Linda George Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- 4. Kevin Johnson Bonnie Please Dont Go
- 5. Jon English Carmilla
- 6. The Strangers Mr President
- 7. The Valentines (featuring Bon Scott) Knick Knack Paddy Whack
- 8. Flake This Wheels On Fire
- 9. Jimmy & The Boys Im Not Like Everybody Else
- 10. Steve Groves Band Im On The Loose Again
- 11. The Allniters Montego Bay
- 12. Autumn Yellow River
- 13. The Mixtures Captain Zero
- 14. Moscos & Stone Song For You
- 15. Cash Backman Hell Have to Go
- 16. Matt Flinders Picking Up Pebbles
- 17. Ross D. Wyllie It Takes Time
- 18. Pat Carroll All Kinds Of Everything
- 19. Brian May & The ABC Showband Theme From Rush
- 20. Smacka Fitzgibbon The Adventures Of Barry McKenzie