MOGADISCO: Dancing Mogadishu (Somalia 1972-1991)
Not yet reviewed.
After being blown away by a few tunes, Samy Ben Redjeb travelled to the infamous capital city of Somalia in November of 2016, making Analog Africa the first music label to set foot in Mogadishu.
Mogadisco was not Analog Africa's easiest project. Tracking down the musicians to interview them and gather anecdotes of golden-era Mogadishu has been an undertaking that took three years.
Tales of Dur-Dur Band's kidnapping, movie soundtracks recorded in the basements of hotels, musicians getting electrocuted on stage, others jumping from one band to another under dramatic circumstances, and soul singers competing against each other
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Label||Redeye / Analog Africa|
|Music Genre||World Music|
|Music Genre Primary||World|
- 1. Daraadaa Muxibo (Because Of You Muxibo) - Dur-Dur Band
- 2. Hab Isii (Hug Me) - Omar Shoolil
- 3. Check up Your Head - Mukhtar Ramadan Idii
- 4. Geesiyada Halgamayow (Brave Fighters) - Bakaka Band
- 5. Waakaa Helaa (I Like You) - Fadumo Qassim and Waaberi Band
- 6. Sirmaqabe (No Secrets) - Iftin Band
- 7. Baayo (Hey Woman) - Mukhtar Ramadan Idii
- 8. Hoobeya (Somali Traditional Chant) - Shimaali, Killer
- 9. Shaleedayaa (By Myself) - Dur-Dur Band
- 10. Ladaney (Woman's Name) - Dur-Dur Band
- 11. Gobonimada Jira (Choose Freedom) - Bakaka Band
- 12. II Ooy Aniga (Cry For Me) - Iftin Band
Please try again.