Out Of Left Field: Where Soul Meets Country
Not yet reviewed.
In the past couple of years Ace has brought you three "Where Country Meets Soul" CDs featuring R&B and soul greats singing songs that were originally aimed at country music fans. Given how many country songs have been successfully remade as soul gems, it's unsurprising that many country artists would try their hand at interpreting material originally aimed at soul buyers.
Here in 'Out Of Left Field' we reveal what takes place "Where Soul Meets Country."
You'll hear songs from the catalogues of some of soul music's best-known writers and singers reworked for the country market, yet retaining much of the soul of the original versions. It's no surprise that the songs sound so comfortable in unfamiliar surroundings. Many of those who wrote them heard as much country music in their formative years as they did R&B. Some, like Dan Penn, enjoyed hits in the country field long before achieving soul and pop success. And many of the featured musicians also played on soul sessions at the same studios these country recordings were made. There may be a steel guitar here where you would hear a sax solo there, but the end results sound no less soulful in the final analysis. That's hardly surprising either, as the artists include several of country music's greatest voices of the past 50 years.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Country|
|Music Genre Secondary||Compilation|
- 1. Who's Making Love - Daaron Lee
- 2. He Made A Woman Out Of Me - Jeannie C Riley
- 3. Out Of Left Field - Hank Williams Jr
- 4. (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay - Waylon Jennings And Willie Nelson
- 5. I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) -Anita Carter
- 6. Find Out What's Happening - Bobby Bare
- 7. Only The Strong Survive - Skeeter Davis
- 8. It Tears Me Up - Jerry Reed
- 9. Color Him Father - Linda Martell
- 10. When Something Is Wrong With My Baby - Sonny James
- 11. Starting All Over Again - Don Gibson
- 12. She's All I Got - Johnny Paycheck
- 13. You Don't Miss Your Water - O.B. Mcclinton
- 14. You'll Lose A Good Thing - Freddy Fender
- 15. Warm And Tender Love - Archie Campbell And Lorene Mann
- 16. Any Day Now - Ronnie Milsap
- 17. Baby I'm Yours - Tanya Tucker
- 18. I've Found Someone Of My Own - Mel Street
- 19. Pickin' Wild Mountain Berries - Conway Twitty And Loretta Lynn
- 20. The Dark End Of The Street - The Kendalls
- 21. Scratch My Back (And Mumble In My Ear) -Razzy Bailey
- 22. Do Right Woman - Do Right Man - Billie Jo Spears
- 23. He Will Break Your Heart - David Allen Coe
- 24. Look At Them Beans (Papa's Dream) - Johnny Cash
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.