Punk 45: Chaos In The City Of Angels & Devils
Not yet reviewed.
'Chaos In The City Of Angels And Devils' is the new installment of Soul Jazz Records' Punk 45 series featuring an array of first generation Los Angeles punk bands including X, The Germs, The Zeros, The Urinals, The Weirdos and many more.
This is the sixth Punk 45 release on Soul Jazz Records and follows on from the earlier releases covering punk from Cleveland, Akron, UK, USA and proto-punk, as well as the book 'Punk 45 – Cover Art of Punk' written in collaboration with Jon Savage.
Unlike the other major cities of New York and London, Punk in Los Angeles was pretty much ignored by the major record industry. As bands sprang up, Los Angeles punk thus also gave rise to a wide range of its own DIY independent record labels.
Los Angeles punk came in two distinct phases. The first Hollywood groups (c.77-79) and the birth of hardcore in the surrounding Los Angeles suburbs and beaches (c.1979-81) and this album includes music from both periods. Punk 45 LA features music from both phases to provide a fascinating look at underground punk in Los Angeles in its formative years.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Punk & Hardcore|
|Music Genre Secondary||Compilation|
- 1. The Middle Class Out Of Vogue
- 2. X We're Desperate
- 3. The Flesh Eaters Disintegration Nation
- 4. The Weirdos A Life Of Crime
- 5. The Urinals I'm White And Middle Class
- 6. Iggy & The Stooges I Got A Right
- 7. The Germs Forming
- 8. Agent Orange Bloodstains
- 9. Black Randy & The Metrosquad Trouble At The Cup
- 10. The Urinals Ack-Ack-Ack
- 11. The Zeros Don't Push Me Around
- 12. The Randoms ABCD
- 13. Circle Jerks What's Your Problem
- 14. The Bags Survive
- 15. The Adolescents Amoeba
- 16. The Dils Class War
- 17. The Deadbeats Brainless
- 18. The Simpletones I Like Drugs
- 19. T.S.O.L. World War III
- 20. Eyes TAQN
- 21. The Hollywood Squares Hollywood Square
- 22. The Deadbeats Final Ride
Please try again.