Remembering Little Walter
Not yet reviewed.
Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Little Walter Jacobs receives a fitting tribute on this sparkling live recording, bringing together five of the greatest harmonica players currently on the blues scene - Charlie Musselwhite, Billy Boy Arnold, Mark Hummel, James Harman, and Sugar Ray Norcia.
The virtuosic Little Walter is without doubt one of the most influential blues harmonica players of all time. Keith Richards calls him one of the best singers of the blues and a blues harp player par excellence. All five of these fine players share a deep love for and keen insight into the revolutionary force that Walter's music brought to bear on the Chicago blues scene of the fifties and sixties.
Two of the participants, Charlie Musselwhite and Billy Boy Arnold, actually knew and played with him. Charlie recalls that Walter started phrasing on harmonica like a saxophone. This phrasing combined with his creativity and amplification really took harmonica playing to a whole new level that hadn't been heard before.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Blues & Roots|
|Music Genre Secondary||Compilation|
- 1. I Got To Go - Mark Hummel
- 2. Just a Feeling - Charlie Musselwhite
- 3. You're So Fine - Billy Boy Arnold
- 4. It's Too Late Brother - James Harman
- 5. Mean Old World - Sugar Ray Norcia
- 6. One of These Mornings - Charlie Musselwhite
- 7. Blue Light - Mark Hummel
- 8. Crazy Mixed Up World - James Harman
- 9. Up the Line - Sugar Ray Norcia
- 10. Can't Hold Out Much Longer - Billy Boy Arnold
- 11. My Babe - Charlie Musselwhite, Mark Hummel, Billy Boy Arnold, James Harman & Sugar Ray Norcia
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.