Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo 2019
Not yet reviewed.
One of the world's most spectacular events returns for its 69th year!
From its iconic home on the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo celebrates the kaleidoscope – the wondrous optical invention by Scottish physicist Sir David Brewster in 1816. Whilst looking at objects through mirrors Brewster noticed how colours appeared in beautiful patterns. This was the inspiration for his kaleidoscope, a device that delivered symmetrical yet ever-changing images.
In turn, this show celebrates the geometry, colour and movement of the Tattoo's military and folkloric performers in their constantly changing patterns; all accentuated by world-class lighting, projections, sound and special effects.
With the British Army at the fore, prepare to be delighted by precision-led displays of glorious symmetries, in a kaleidoscopic performance. Famously, they will be complemented by the Massed Pipes and Drums, Pipers Trail, Tattoo Dance Company and Hjaltibonhoga.
Joined by acts from across the globe – Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, New Zealand, Trinidad and Tobago and, for the first time, Nigeria, the Tattoo prides itself on bringing people together.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Artist||ROYAL EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO, THE|
|Music Genre Primary||Classical|
- 1. Opening Fanfare
- 2. Prism
- 3. The Massed Pipes and Drums
- 4. Heeresmusikkorps Kassel (German Army Band Kassel)
- 5. Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force Steel Orchestra
- 6. Musique de l'Artillerie (The French Artillery Band, Lyon)
- 7. The Massed Pipes and Drums
- 8. Lochiel Marching Drill Team
- 9. Beijing Marching Wind Band and Cultural Display
- 10. Hjaltibonhoga The Shetland Fiddlers: Sea Sway
- 11. Tattoo Dance Company
- 12. New Zealand Army Band
- 13. 13-14.The Massed UK Military Bands
- 14. The Massed Military Bands & The Massed Pipes and Drums Combined
- 15. Fireworks: The Show Must Go On
- 16. Finale :
- 17. The Greatest Show
- 18. Reform Squares
- 19. God Save the Queen / Auld Lang Syne
- 20. The Evening Hymn and Sunset: Finlandia / The Lone Piper: Soldier Lie Down on a Wee Pickle Straw
- 21. The Castle Speaks / March Off
- 22. Doe Den Tap Toe
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.