Soft Rock Forever
Not yet reviewed.
Soft Rock is the smoother arc of the rock music family, and was formed as an antidote to the early emergences of harder, heavier and edgier rock which had risen to fruition in the wake of unrest in the late '60s US political landscape.
Sonically – acoustic guitars, pianos and mid-tempo beats provided the foundations for a brand-new genre, and Soft Rock was born; riding a wave of success throughout the mid-seventies right up until the early-nineties, amassing a colossal and loyal legion of fans.
With the global rise of international travel, and aspirations of setting sail infiltrating the masses across the Western Hemisphere – Soft Rock's transatlantic melodies provided the perfect soundtrack, racking up hits on both sides of the pond and even from the far shores of Australia.
10CC, Chicago, Heart, Foreigner, Steve Winwood and Bryan Adams are just a few of the names which helped propel Soft Rock into the mainstream, and as the genre exploded amongst the masses, the zealots of Soft Rock arose – championing the genre throughout its peak, right up until the current day. As Bryan Adams famously sang on 'Summer of '69', "Those were the best days of my life."
A collection of the most timeless hits of all time. Soft Rock IS forever. Wear the badge with pride.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Music Genre Primary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. 10cc - I'm Not In Love
- 2. Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- 3. Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
- 4. Little River Band - Reminiscing
- 5. Rainbow - Since You Been Gone
- 6. Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- 7. Steve Winwood - Higer Love
- 8. Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- 9. Australian Crawl - Oh No Not You Again
- 10. John Waite - Missing You
- 11. Crowded House - Weather With You
- 12. Scorpions - Wind Of Change
- 13. Extreme - More Than Words
- 14. Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- 15. Hoodoo Gurus - 1000 Miles Away
- 16. Cat Stevens - Oh Very Young
- 17. T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- 18. Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- 19. Diesel - Tip Of My Tongue
- 20. Wilson Phillis - Hold On
- 1. Bon Jovi - Always
- 2. The Cars - Drive
- 3. Dr. Hook - When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman
- 4. Jim Capaldi - Love Hurts
- 5. Free - All Right Now
- 6. Mondo Rock - Come Said The Boy
- 7. Mental As Anything - Live It Up
- 8. Joe "Bean" Esposito - You're The Best
- 9. Jane Wiedlin - Rush Hour
- 10. Tears For Fears, Oleta Adams - Woman In Chains
- 11. Roxy Music - More Than This
- 12. Divinyls - I Touch Myself
- 13. Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
- 14. Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- 15. Squeeze - Tempted
- 16. Dragon - Rain
- 17. Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
- 18. Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin' You
- 19. Gary Moore, Phil Lynott - Parisienne Walkways
- 20. Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.