In a ghost town, 1500km from Perth, some of Australia’s finest songwriters came together to collaborate, writing and recording songs that emerged from a unique collective experience in an ancient and wondrous landscape.
Bernard Fanning, Sally Seltmann, Paul Dempsey, Glenn Richards (Augie March), Oh Mercy, Alan Pigram (Pigram Brothers), Jae Laffer (the Panics), Kav Temperley (Eskimo Joe) comedian Paul McDermott and many other notable musicians camped with visual artists and a musical instrument maker for a week in the historic deserted settlement of Cossack (Bajinhurrba), in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
The songs that emerged document their response to the awe inspiring landscape, a celebration of the land and the people of the coastal desert region.
Days and nights were spent in and around this makeshift creative village; in every building, on every corner and out in the surrounding land people were working, creating music and art - the sound of guitars and voices singing brought this ghost town to life as friends were made and creative collaborations forged.
All proceeds generated by the Vast album sales will be used for the sole purpose of promoting, encouraging and advancing artistic pursuits in the Pilbara region. The fund will be available for any Pilbara resident, the award of a grant dependent on the review and recommendation of the Vast Project Trust panel.
|Primary Format - Music||CD|
|Label||Littlebigman / EMI|
|Music Genre Primary||Alternative|
|Music Genre Secondary||Pop & Rock|
- 1. Paul Dempsey The Skys Gone Missing
- 2. Oh Mercy Have A Little Faith
- 3. Bernard Fanning Everything
- 4. Glenn Richards Cossack Tide
- 5. Sally Seltmann River River
- 6. Kav Temperley Sugarstone
- 7. Bernard Fanning Ashes And Dust
- 8. Tyson Mowarin Best I Can
- 9. R.O Overgrown
- 10. Jae Laffer Ruins Of A Nameless Man
- 11. The Healys Tradition
- 12. Nick Sheppard You Get What You Give
- 13. Paul McDermott Let Go
- 14. Aimee Chapman Swallows
- 15. Adam Harvey Red Dirt
- 16. Ryan Brennan Fifo Waltz
- 17. Ian Campbell Ghost Town
- 18. Josie Alec Vast Thoughts