D-Link PowerLine AV500 Passthrough Network Starter Kit
- Create a fast Ethernet connection using your power sockets
- Compact size and simple setup – Just plug and play!
- AV500 Technology with pass through AC socket design
The PowerLine AV500 Passthrough Mini Adapter Starter Kit uses your home’s existing electrical wiring to extend your Internet connection1. It turns every power outlet into a high speed network connection. Compliant with the HomePlug AV standard, it provides network access to your computers, game consoles, televisions, and any other Internet-enabled devices throughout your home. The built-in Passthrough design enables you to continue using your electrical socket by plugging another device into the integrated electrical outlet. The Passthrough socket feature noise filtering which helps prevent the electrical device plugged into the socket from affecting your PowerLine connection and performance.
Ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications
This PowerLine AV500 Passthrough Mini Adapter Starter Kit is compliant with the HomePlug AV standard and capable of delivering data transfer rates at speeds of up to 500 Mbps2, faster than regular PowerLine AV products. This rapid transmission speed makes it ideal for bandwidth intensive applications, guaranteeing smooth HD video streaming, VoIP phone calls, and lagfree online gaming experiences. This device provides ample network bandwidth, enabling you to tap into existing electrical wiring for high quality multimedia streaming. Additional Quality of Service (QoS) support prioritises multimedia traffic over other types of traffic on your network connection, ensuring faster transmission.
Convenient setup and secure operation
Plugs directly into a power outlet, and does not require any additional cables. Extend your home network by connecting multiple devices in the farthest corners of your home, or attach a switch or wireless access point to the adapter to connect even more devices. The adapter implements 128-bit AES data encryption at the push of a button to protect your network from any intruders. With hassle-free plug and play installation, it’s an ideal solution to create a wall-to-wall home network.
During periods of inactivity, the Passthrough Mini Adapters will go into sleep mode to save power, reducing power usage by more than 70%., allowing you to save energy automatically without sacrificing on performance.
1. Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system. Certain electrical conditions in your home, such as wiring condition and configuration, may affect the performance of this product. Additional D-Link PowerLine AV series products are required to add new devices to the network. A minimum of two D-Link PowerLine AV series products are required to create a network. Connecting this product to a power strip with a surge protector may adversely affect the performance of this product. For best results, plug the adapter directly into a wall outlet.
2. Maximum throughput is based on theoretical transmission PHY rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of traffic and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Interference from devices that emit electrical noise, such as vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, may adversely affect the performance of this product. This product may interfere with devices such as lighting systems that have a dimmer switch or a touch-sensitive on/off feature, short wave radios, or other PowerLine devices that do not follow the HomePlug AV standard.
|Network device type||Network Accessories|
|Manufacturer's warranty||1 Year|