Avi Avital: Live in Concert
Not yet reviewed.
When Grammy-nominated mandolinist Avi Avital made his debut with the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra, the magic was instant. A musician of electrifying virtuosity, Avi's sensitivity drew audiences towards the emotional heart of his music, and created a palpable chemistry with the musicians on stage.
Now this extraordinary music-making can be re-lived with a stunning high-definition recording, filmed live at City Recital Hall in Sydney. Avi, the musicians of the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra and their Artistic Director Paul Dyer celebrate the music of baroque greats Vivaldi, JS Bach, Albinoni and Pachelbel, revel in the Bulgarian folk music of Bartok, and thrill the audience with the Spanish dances of de Falla.
Avi Avital mandolin
Australian Brandenburg Orchestra on period instruments
Paul Dyer Artistic Director, Conductor
|Primary Format - Music||DVD Music|
|Artist||AVI AVITAL AND AUSTRALIAN BRANDENBURG ORCHESTRA|
- 1. VIVALDI Concerto in B minor for four violins, Op. 3 No. 10, RV580
- 2. VIVALDI Concerto in D major for lute, strings and continuo, RV93 (arr. for mandolin)
- 3. PACHELBEL Canon in D major
- 4. JS BACH Violin Concerto in A minor, BWV1041 (arr. for mandolin)
- 5. JS BACH Flute Sonata in E minor, BWV1034 (arr. for mandolin)
- 6. ALBINONI Sonata 2 a cinque, Op. 2 No. 3 in C major
- 7. DE FALLA Danse espagnole (arr. for mandolin, strings and continuo)
- 8. BARTÓK Romanian Folk Dances (arr. for mandolin, strings and continuo)
Please try again.
^Discounts apply to most recent previous ticketed/advertised price. As we negotiate on price, products are likely to have sold below ticketed/advertised price in stores prior to the discount offer. Prices may differ at airport & express stores.