Magical Mystery Tour (Blu-ray)
Not yet reviewed.
The restoration of Magical Mystery Tour has been overseen by Paul Rutan Jr. of Eque Inc., the same company that handled the much acclaimed restoration of Yellow Submarine. The soundtrack work was done at Abbey Road Studios by Giles Martin and Sam O'Kell. Contains a host of bonus features, packed with unseen footage. There are newly-filmed interviews with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and other members of the film's cast and crew, as well as director's commentary audio recorded by McCartney.
In September 1967, The Beatles loaded a film crew onto a bus along with friends, family and cast and headed west on the A30 out of London to make their third film, this time conceived and directed by The Beatles themselves. The film followed a loose narrative and showcased six new songs: "Magical Mystery Tour," "The Fool on the Hill," "I Am the Walrus," "Flying," "Blue Jay Way," and "Your Mother Should Know." Magical Mystery Tour features a fabulous supporting cast of character actors and performers, including Ivor Cutler, Victor Spinetti, Jessie Robins, Nat Jackley, Derek Royle, and the inimitable Bonzo Doo Dah Band.
|Primary Format - Music||Blu-Ray Music|
|Audio||English (Dolby Digital 2.0)|
|Languages||English (Dolby Digital 2.0)|
|Year of Release||2012|
- 1. Magical Mystery Tour - Film
- 2. Director's Commentary - By Paul McCartney
- 3. The Making of Magical Mystery Tour - Features interviews with Paul and Ringo, along with other cast members and crew.
- 4. Ringo the Actor - Ringo Starr reflecting on his role in the film.
- 5. Meet the Supporting Cast - A feature on the background and careers of the supporting cast.
- 6. Your Mother Should Know
- 7. Blue Jay Way
- 8. The Fool On The Hill
- 9. Hello Goodbye - as featured on Top of the Pops - 1967
- 10. Nat's Dream - A scene directed by John featuring Nat Jackley.
- 11. Ivor Cutler - I'm Going In A Field
- 12. Traffic - Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush